Discuss concealed cistern in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stokedan1

hey guys, got a concealed water saving wc 4l and 2.5 its pants takes 2 or sometimes 3 flushes, a 6litre cistern will fit in the inclosure.

can i upgrade to this or will water splash out the pan or back up abit when flushed?

Does it take several flushes because the force of the water being flushed seems tame or because it drains from the pan in a laboured manner?

hi watertight thanks for the reply, the water when flushed seems tame

did the pan and cistern come as a package, i.e. both supplied as one or did you buy from different places

the trouble with water saving flushes is if they are designed together they will move solids out of the pan and then theres not enough water to move the waste down the drain pipe, the lad we use for jetting loves them its doubled his work, having to clear low water content systems

thanks for your replies stani, do u think a 6l cistern would be benificial then, to clear the waste and wash down the soil pipe?

I would try the 6 litre, especially as you are having to flush 2-3 times, it does sound as though there is not enough water entering to effectively remove everything.

2.5L??? I know that they have reduced them to 4.5L in commercial buildings to save water but 2.5 seems very low to me, change to 6L should be fine if fitted properly

new building codes have been introduced to reduce the amount of water used per day in new propertys, builders that meet certain levels of the codes can gain grants towards the build. (sustainable homes codes i think its called)

typical reduced rates seen in recent years has been 2.5/4 ltr. flush toilets, low level fill baths (100l if i remember correct), 4 ltr per min flow restrictions on basins, 6 ltrs per min on showers and sinks. Cant remember the flow on baths?

is that on private or housing bum. propertys? ive mostly come across it on housing bum. propertys, they tend to go as low as possible to gain higher points score for more grant money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to concealed cistern in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock