Search the forum,

Discuss Noisy Cistern on Flushing in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi folks,

Soon after having oil fired central heating fitted my cistern started sounding like a foghorn having previously been quiet. It involved the fireplace being torn out, old pipe work crimped, cut and removed. The noise may be coincidental, but a noticeable increase in water pressure was also seen. The shower unit started leaking too. The noise and vibration can be heard loudly throughout both upstairs and downstairs, and out in the garden. We don’t flush after 2200 in order not to disturb neighbours. Noise abates considerably if cold tap runs, silent with both taps run but no discernible difference if hot tap only run. Have tweaked the filling valve in cistern which quite a it down quite a bit but comes back after 3-5 days. Advice or thoughts gratefully received. OF H May have nothing to do with cistern, but those are the background and common observations since the problem started. Many thanks.

Sounds like you’ve gone from low pressure to high pressure. I’m surprised they didn’t warn you this could happen, don’t worry it’s all fixable.

Reply to Noisy Cistern on Flushing in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock