Search the forum,

Discuss Column radiator cooler at bottom - Valve issue? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,
Just had a column radiator fitted with an ENZO TRV valve (non bi-directional) on the flow inlet pipe. When heating is turned on, the radiator stays cooler at the bottom even though the valve is fully open.

Tried unscrewing the valve head off and the radiator heats up at the bottom. We think when the valve head is screwed on in the fully open position, it is pushing the pin down by about 3mm. Any ideas? Thanks

I would replace the T/Head and see if that fixes the problem

Wouldn't be the first thermostatic head to be calibrated wrong during manufacture.

You may be able to pull it apart and adjust it yourself, if you know how they set and put together

I would replace the T/Head and see if that fixes the problem

Wouldn't be the first thermostatic head to be calibrated wrong during manufacture.

You may be able to pull it apart and adjust it yourself, if you know how they set and put together
Thanks for the reply. It's one of those traditional type valves for a column radiator. Any idea how I find out how it's set and put together?

With the head removed hold it in one hand and fully open/close it, you should see its operating pin moving in/out, if OK, then (even though you did say it in post #1) open it fully and ensure the knurled nut is fully hand tightened during installation, I normally put a very slight smear of vaseline on the threads before installing.

Thanks to those who replied. It's all sorted now, apparently happens sometimes where it's not calibrated correctly as per oz-plumber said. Got a valve spacer from manufacturer which has fixed the problem.

Reply to Column radiator cooler at bottom - Valve issue? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock