Discuss Classify this please doubting myself in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I agree, with the others AR, and turned off (as it removes the risk). It terminates into neighbours garden? I’d be looking at advising a plume management kit also. Recommended to remove that old flue and brick up/fill with suitable,material.

I am with firemant, just get it sorted. You will have wasted more time and effort with this than it would take to make good and now you will have to go back to do it. Crazy.
All very well if it’s the homeowner there mate. But LL already kicked off when I turned it off so he’s going to have to pay for another gas cert so me sticking a bill in without quoting for the works would probably end up with me losing money

All very well if it’s the homeowner there mate. But LL already kicked off when I turned it off so he’s going to have to pay for another gas cert so me sticking a bill in without quoting for the works would probably end up with me losing money
Sorry, Riley. In what manner did you “turn it off”? Or is the tenant now unhappy with the LL?

And, my starter for another 10 pages, would you need to issue yet another cert.

Finally, exactly where does it classify an opening or vent within 300mm of a PF terminal, with no measured ingress, as AR?

Hence mate why I asked. There was no visual or otherwise indication that ingress was occurring however all it would’ve taken would’ve been a change in wind direction and it could have increased into the cavity or straight back into the flat. As there was no obvious ingress I erred and called it AR and turned off at the fuse spur.
Tenant is absolutely fine with LL but what I’m trying to say is that I’m sure we have all come across these customers where if you don’t quote before you carry out the work then they will say they didn’t authorise it. Some aren’t bothered, I accept that, but when the LL is narky already I wasn’t going to give him any chance to have a swipe at me for turning off his boiler.
Re a new cert I am assuming yes as the current one has been issued marked as AR with a warning notice

Hence mate why I asked. There was no visual or otherwise indication that ingress was occurring however all it would’ve taken would’ve been a change in wind direction and it could have increased into the cavity or straight back into the flat. As there was no obvious ingress I erred and called it AR and turned off at the fuse spur.
Tenant is absolutely fine with LL but what I’m trying to say is that I’m sure we have all come across these customers where if you don’t quote before you carry out the work then they will say they didn’t authorise it. Some aren’t bothered, I accept that, but when the LL is narky already I wasn’t going to give him any chance to have a swipe at me for turning off his boiler.
Re a new cert I am assuming yes as the current one has been issued marked as AR with a warning notice
No need for a new cert if the work has been completed and everything else is fine.

Asper HF, a new cert is NOT required. Even of there is really bad stuff on it - only one per year is required. I was using my mobile phone earlier, and omitted the word "why" :)

Re doing rectifications: if one is doing the stupid cheap certs via an agent, then I probably would do absolutely no more than the basics. When I dealt with a couple of Agents and LL's, I only took on the job if I was authorised to do (chargeable) minor repairs, and I always explain my charging structure in writing.

However, if I was your LL, I would be hacked off as well, TBH. That situation is NCS or ID. AR does not come into it. And one only turns it off on the consumer control, so they can, if they wish, turn it on again. The problem is generally that a tenant, faced with a "Do Not Use" label will be kicking off at the LL for leaving them with a dangerous appliance.

Ah well I made my call I didn’t think NC sufficed but as there was no obvious ingress I couldn’t stretch to ID. The LL was fine once his son had explained it to him. As I say these are properties that were adopted by the LA that I do stuff for and most of them had things on them which were overlooked for years. LA was more than happy that I raised it

Reply to Classify this please doubting myself in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
D
I’m sorry this is long but I need to lay down the facts. I’ve been in my house for 30 years. Prior to my ownership land to the side of the house...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock