Search the forum,

Discuss Chrome Plug Chipping Acrylic Bath in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mooresy

Sound s daft, I know, but I have just spent the thick end of £1000 on a Clearwater Avantgarde bath. along with far to much on a Lefroy Brooks gated overflow and plug etc.

The problem is, such is the weight and the machined edges on the chrome on brass plug, that when accidentally dropped into the bath. the impact results in a chip in the acrylic bath about 5mm long.

After 10 weeksof use I have noticed 5 of these chips. At this rate it will be 25 chips after a year and the bath will look like a bag of s***e. Simply instructing my wife and kids to be careful is obviously not going to work. Accidents will happen.

Does anyone know of a ABS plastic chrome plug on the market or something that does not equate to dropping a chisel into your bath every time you accidentally let go?

I have obviously found the white rubber types and the black plastic ones etc, but these don't exactly look good do they...

Please note, I am aware that I could change to a pop-up type waste, but as the bathroom is traditional (and I have spent a fortune on Lefroy Brooks accessories) I really dont want to.

Any suggestions would be appreciated (If I have not already half answered the questions myself).

Repairing the chips looks easy. Ensuring they don't happen again without fitting a cheapo looking plug looks much harder.

Cheers,
Chris

Like this? [DLMURL="http://www.tapstore.com/bath-waste-2-chrome-plated.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=GoogleShopping&utm_campaign=googlebase&gclid=Cj0KEQiAkdajBRCJ_7_j6sCck7wBEiQAppb2izwAwWzs0nIfxNAtS91JPUm9s27TvC2OK_pBdX0NVKoaAl668P8HAQ"]Bristan | Economy Bath Waste with ABS Plug[/DLMURL]

According to the description it is an ABS plug

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Chrome Plug Chipping Acrylic Bath in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock