Discuss Checkatrade? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kb76

On another subject here but do any of you boys use checkatrade to promote your business? I never have and all my work prior to me moving from London to Devon where i'am now was generally through word of mouth and my old website via Google. I had a meeting with them last week, checked out all my docs, gas safe, insurance and ID etc but have still not decided. It's pricey at over £700 for the year! I'm interested to know if it works well for you fellow boiler men out there?
Thanks
Kevin

Rather then a directory we should just set up a national plumbing company.

We all put £1000 in each for advertising etc then ofer a service that covers the entire country. Fixed price servicing, repairs etc we've already got a merchant on board we just need to convince one of the admins to operate a call centre for us and issue the jobs out. Think of it like a cooperative bg. We're taking back control of our industry

We all put £1000 in each for advertising etc then ofer a service that covers the entire country. Fixed price servicing, repairs etc we've already got a merchant on board we just need to convince one of the admins to operate a call centre for us and issue the jobs out. Think of it like a cooperative bg. We're taking back control of our industry

Don`t need a call centre lads, systems out there where the customer calls in via their landllne and the call is then diverted to the nearest member. The idea is workable with enough people in it.

Oh I can imagine trying to agree on fixed prices.

But you would need leaders and you know what happens to leaders, they end up more equal.....

so you were the kid by him self at school on the front row,whilst '' Animal farm'' was being debated...looked up once,when someone mentioned how clever the pigs were,thought to myself ,they were not that clever last weekend,when me dar,nicked all the lead of the station roof....

:34:

Like so many of these things they may work but over time become over populated and ends up just one big poop fest again until the next biggest scheme...

Checkatrade offer you your money ey back if your not happy, I signed up today meeting was great until they asked for £150 upfront

Mine expired the other week. They have been pestering me for two months about renewal. Told them definitely not renewing and two days later received a snotty letter about having 28 days to remove all checkatrade or they will sue me. Nice.

Had some bits n bobs to price via it now but same old type of don't want to pay much for my new heating system. The big problem with it is the don't give a fudge about the tradesman who pays the money out to sign in .

Having thought about it and reading the posts here I decided to sit on it for now. They chased me for a month or so but seem to have given up now. It appears to be all set up with 10 references I gave etc. Busy at the moment so no rush. Might give them a shout in the autum ready for the big winter switch on as only interested in service and repairs these days...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Checkatrade? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock