Discuss central heating won't turn off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

matt66

I have a ideal HE24 boiler. Problem is it turns central heating on its own and only way to stop it is to turn boiler off but when I turn it back on, it still puts heating on. Before I have turned boiler off for a few hours and when I have turned it back on, it fixed but now doesn't. Really worried its gonna cost a lot to fix. I don't have much money. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has the system got 2 port zone valves ?
If so check it not sticking open or micro switch sticking on.

Look in airing cupboard etc where hw cylinder is useally you see a pump just after the pump will be 1 or 2 valves in the pipework.

DSC_0005.jpg
Look in airing cupboard etc where hw cylinder is useally you see a pump just after the pump will be 1 or 2 valves in the pipework.

My boiler is a combi boiler which is in the kitchen. Ive added a pic of it.

You need an gas safe engineer. Can't be diagnosed on the Internet.

Im stuffed then because there is no way i can afford for an engineer to come out.

Have a look in your local paper, there are usually firms around that do free estimates - it might not be as costly as you fear.

Had to replace mine about 2 years ago. My uncle has just had to replace his as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to central heating won't turn off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back