Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss cavitation??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gasfit247

Hi I wonder if any one can help me please. My ch heating is an open vent yplan when I have the heating on the pump is quiet but when ive hot water only its very noisy . Is this cavitation ? & if so how do I cure . There is no bypass valve at the moment would this help? Any help gratefully received simon

Very much doubt a BPV would do much, when did this start and have you had any recent work done, any pics? describe the noise?
Hi I wonder if any one can help me please. My ch heating is an open vent yplan when I have the heating on the pump is quiet but when ive hot water only its very noisy . Is this cavitation ? & if so how do I cure . There is no bypass valve at the moment would this help? Any help gratefully received simon

hi there I fitted a new boiler pump & dv in april ive had no problems till now

No I don't think so, the pump is making a knocking noise also when I first turn on the hot water I can hear the water circulating quite loudly .

Is there a balancing valve fitted to the flow or return on the cylinder?

if there is check its open enough to allow a decent flow, or maybe theres some crud in the valve restricting it slightly.

Hello I don't think so, but there is what looks like an automatic air bottle on the flow ta the cylinder this does look seized up .. but I don't think its a check valve is it???

soumds like air in system, had the same on a duo tec this pm, having drained down to fit an expansion vessel below boiler, no fretting, the cupboard was fitted round the boiler such that i couldnt get the side mounted boiler expansion vessel out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I thought the impellor had fallen off the pump until I managed to bleed all the air out, thankyou to all those who insist on shuttting AAvs!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to cavitation??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock