Search the forum,

Discuss Capped off pipe . in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

townfanjon

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
guys , could I have your opinon, correct procedure on the following.
I cant believe I have never come across this before .
I have been asked to remove a gas fire , and surround , customer is just doing away with fire .
In a suspended timber floor I would take it back to the tee and remove the dead leg , this is a solid floor Pfftttttt , so it either gets capped and left in the wall or floor covered by plaster or sand and cement, is this acceptable ?
(Obviously tapped in the wall or floor )
Cheers in advance

Craig , yes I assume it is myself but will be honest I am not 100% , I have never liked dead legs , water or gas .

Harvest , no pics yet ( copper )

is this acceptable ?
(Obviously tapped in the wall or floor )
Cheers in advance

Yes.

The danger is no greater than someone nailing through a gas pipe running elsewhere in the fabric. Although I do understand ypur concern.

I use to fit a LOT of fireplaces. In new houses, the gas pipes always ran in the screed and came up to a cap. Suddenly, years ago, at least around here, the pipes started to be ran down the middle of the drywall, behind the palsterboard. It always seemed to be exactly where i need to drill to fit my surround brackets :)

It never seemed quite right, but it was always covered in the drywall adhesive, which is considered to be "mechanical protection"

Update on this ...
The job this post refers to was from a pal who is a decorator, he asked me to look at the job on behalf of his customer..
I went through all the guff about a tt, meter to be removed , there maybe a gas leak , I have to relight a 20 year old boiler , soldered gas pipe , taped , sand and cement hole etc etc etc .
Woman gets her own guy in , my pal goes back today and theres a soldered end on the microbore , and the pipe is 9” up the wall and 6” out of it .
Jesus chuffin wept lol

Update on this .
The job this post refers to was from a pal who is a decorator, he asked me to look at the job on behalf of his customer..
I went through all the guff about a tt, meter to be removed , there maybe a gas leak , I have to relight a 20 year old boiler , soldered gas pipe , taped , sand and cement hole etc etc etc .
Woman gets her own guy in , my pal goes back today and theres a soldered end on the microbore , and the pipe is 9” up the wall and 6” out of it .
Jesus chuffin wept lol
Did he get a picture?

Update on this .
Jesus chuffin wept lol

HaHa, at least your decorator now knows he hasn't got a fussy client on his hands :)

Reply to Capped off pipe . in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock