Currently reading:
can anyone help me with my cv, not getting anywhere with my current one

Discuss can anyone help me with my cv, not getting anywhere with my current one in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Arron Lowley

Hi guys, i went to the Leeds college of building for 2 years and was awarded 2 certificates, I thought that this may help me to get an apprenticeship but I am starting to regret it, as I have had no luck within the past 2 years and i feel like giving up. I have applied online, rang people and also emailed people but nothing, I just received an email from one gent and he said

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]"The position on offer doesn't match with your profile and we will not be offering an interview at this stage"[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]This to me doesn't make sense as I went to college and know quite a bit about what would be required of me so how doesn't my profile fit.

will email my cv if needed, so that you can tell me what needs changing, thanks.

not even joking must have applied for about 15+ over the last 6 months, rung about 20 people and emailed another 20, doesn't add up.
[/FONT]

Sounds good to me.

I get the occasional cv/letter and I rarely read them to be honest. I don't need an apprentice right now. I do try and reply to let them know though.

I'd be more interested if someone approached me in the merchant, especially if they're there at 07:30 when I usually get there. I'd certainly do what I could to help.

I will do this even if it means walking there every day, even if I have to ask the same guy over and over, even if they personally do not need anyone, they may recommend me to someone else they know for showing determination.

Well, I can't fault your drive. Spread yourself around a few merchants, be polite and I'm sure you'll get a result soon.

I hope you get what you're after!

thanks very much for your support and to everyone else too, If I am successful I shall let you guys know :) all the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to can anyone help me with my cv, not getting anywhere with my current one in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock