Discuss Bye Bye Green Deal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
We binned it off in January when it came up for renewal, very glad we did now! Not surprised and it was the right decision.
Let's hope the industry finds a more suitable way to achieve the targets the Green Deal was supposed to meet!

Yep we can all wait for the next big thing where we have to pay thousands of pounds to fit gas boilers . Still think this green deal was a british gas thing in disguise

Don't worry whatever the next scheme they come up with next will be as, if not more heavily weighted in favour of the big boys. This is the same whatever the colour of the rosettes they hide behind.

Read the solar cut this morning. Bio mass looking good. Theres a big eta unit where im working at mo.

Don't know much about biomass however been hearing stories of never installed correct and dodgy buffer tanks ,.

I'll shed no tears for the green deal. A load of over-hyped tosh.

The best thing the government can do is forget all the subsidies, and just put the old age pension up to a decent level to keep the elderly out of fuel poverty, and use the regulatory system to drive energy efficiency.

Changes to building regs has acheived far more for energy efficiency than all the schemes put together. And they fall equally on large and small firms, so there is no built in advantage for the big boys.

I hate green steal. But there will be 100 extra muppets on the hunt for work going in with 50p and a bag of sweets prices.

I'll shed no tears for the green deal. A load of over-hyped tosh.

The best thing the government can do is forget all the subsidies, and just put the old age pension up to a decent level to keep the elderly out of fuel poverty, and use the regulatory system to drive energy efficiency.

Changes to building regs has acheived far more for energy efficiency than all the schemes put together. And they fall equally on large and small firms, so there is no built in advantage for the big boys.

One of the biggest issues is improving the existing housing stock which is something the regulatory system cannot help with, unless they bring in retrospective regulation requirements which would be an impossible task.

I was thinking, could they not offer council tax relief to home improvers looking to make homes more efficient or something along those lines?

The big problem what that though is that landlords would t give a monkeys, although if we can dig ourselves out of a housing crisis, tenants could boycott the landlords with crap properties!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bye Bye Green Deal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock