Discuss Bullfinch firepower blowlamp reveiw. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

adam84

have been using the bullfinch firepower blowlamp for about 2 weeks as a replacement for my turbo torch extreme which ive been using for the last 2 years. ive been through several super fire 2s over the last few years and found them to fall apart to easily, our local merchants stocks a full range of replacement parts for the SSF2 which are all expensive on top the £80 for the SSF2 so i thought id go for something different in the firepower. first impressions are that the firepower is very similar to the turbotorch in that the nozzle can rotate 360 degrees by loosening the retaining nut which is a handy feature for tight spots. the torch comes with the same narrow brass tip as the rothenburger quick fire, this is interchangeable with the wider stainless tip on the SSF2 if you prefer a wider flame, i prefer the a narrower flame for pipes upto 28mm. with the addition of the stainless tip you can add the paint stripper attachment though i would never need this as the missus does our decorating. the only beef ive got with this torch at the moment is the flame adjustment dial on the back of the torch is a bit to sensitive for my liking but it works well as a whole, and upside down it works well and if used economicly your propane can will last a long time aswell. for half the price of the SSF2 i think this torch is a bargain and hope it lasts longer than one aswell, i got mine from BES who i use quite alot on orders over £40 delivery is free but have seen them on ebay aswell, overall this torch gets 8/10.

I use a turbo torch, this is mainly for 15mm - 28mm copper, any bigger than that I use my bullfinch to get the heat into the fittings.....its old skool and cool!

ive had a superfire 2 for the last 3 years without a problem, you have had several, what are you doing to them lol

Good review mate, handy to know, I'll look into it as I keep breaking the stem off my SF2 by dropping it, plus I hate the wee allan key screw that holds it on as it keeps coming loose.

I find the best thing to do is to murder those allen keys up tight as soon as you buy the torch (SF2), otherwise they corrode and round off when they work loose later on. For what they are they are a complete rip off if you ask me, you used to be able to get the benzomatic version which was nearly identical in B and Q for about £35 quid but not anymore.
The turbotorch used to come with a lifetime guarantee but the problem was you had to use the guarantee every few months when the ignition broke!

Consider this the follow up reveiw from the original, a couple of weeks after i posted this thread the bullfinches trigger promptly packed in beyond repair(sods law), so i promptly replaced it with what must be my 10th super fire 2 with no trouble to date.

10th SuperFire 2!!!

Seriously, how are you breaking them so often!!?

My last one was 6 years old, and got wet, so I bought a replacement as I needed it that day. I left it in the shed for a couple of years, when we moved house, I stuck a can of gas on it, and it fired up great (had dried out by then).

The trigger button is normally what kills my superfire goes all spongee and doesn't click, think I have had about 5-6 in 12 years, a few have snapped at the fracture point and i've just bought another one instead of repairing though

Just to revisit this old thread, I have decided that the Bullfinch torch is not a good purchase. The plastic attachment of the tube onto the body is quite feeble and mine broke. IMO the Surefire is more durable and a lot better build quality.

Just to revisit this old thread, I have decided that the Bullfinch torch is not a good purchase. The plastic attachment of the tube onto the body is quite feeble and mine broke. IMO the Surefire is more durable and a lot better build quality.

Cheers for this pal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bullfinch firepower blowlamp reveiw. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock