Discuss Bulb Energy in Special Administration in the Plumbing News area at PlumbersForums.net

Bulb Energy started in 2015 and was one of the first utility providers to offer renewable electricity and gas to consumers. Unfortunately Bulb has gone into special administration due to the spike in wholesale prices.
1638790165906.jpeg

With the administrators now appointed - Bulb can continue to trade until the time is right for the company to be sold under the terms of special administration.

So what should Bulb Customers do, as gas engineers and plumbers have you got any insider info that can help out members who may be in this situation, or other similar scenarios?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a heavy user £240/m dual fual, switched from EON to EDF for a few years, recently back to EON (NEXT) on a two year fixed deal. I always go with the cheapest big name.

We're with Ovo. Whenever we've done a "compare", they seem to do alright. Fixed price contracts are always a gamble but then again so is variable rate. In my experience, price aside, most companies seem good until something goes wrong - then most seem bad. Working "in the industry" for many years dealing with energy suppliers, some offices do seem more "professional" and competent than others but all of them go as far as they can cutting costs (automated/online self-service systems or outsourced overseas call-centres, minimal training/support for staff) and only revert back when their cost-cutting backfires.

At the end of the day, energy companies have one prime objective - to maximise profit/make the shareholders richer.

@ Limecc. Ouch...how come, big house lots of kids, showers and gadgets?

Was with Green (liked them) been moved to Shell.
£250 a month for gas and electric. Heavy electric use for us as wife’s business uses a lot for kiln and oxygen concentrator’s working with glass

Used to be with bulb but found customer service left a lot to be desired. I jumped ship before bulb went into administration and joined octopus energy.

I'm currently on their tracker tariff.

Reply to Bulb Energy in Special Administration in the Plumbing News area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
The Energy Price Cap in the UK: Balancing Affordability and Sustainability Introduction The United Kingdom's energy price cap has been a topic...
Replies
Views
Hello My name is Brendon Vince-Sheridan. I have recently finished my C&G level 2 6129 technical certificate, however I still have 4 exams to do...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock