Currently reading:
Building an extension - what system do i use?

Discuss Building an extension - what system do i use? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All
Looking at extending a 3 bed detached up to a 4 bed which will mean more demand on HW (as new on suite) and heating (1 x new bedroom, 1 x new living room, 1 x ensuite).
I have a Worcester combi condenser currently fitted which does me great and i am confident it will have enough power to heat the new rooms but it is best to keep it or take the opportunity to use a "better" system.
Note: i am confident is my basic plumbing but will get a GS person to action any changes.
Question:
I call you out, show you the current system, what options do you quote for for a 4 bed detached?,
i would have plans to show room dims and layout,
i would indicate where current pipework runs,

the reason for asking is that when a get GS plumber to quote i want to know if they are telling me all my options (within reason)

Thanks

depends what level of hot water you require almost certainly the boiler will cope with the heating load but you might need a larger one to satisfy two bathrooms having an electric shower in the ensuite would probably be enough to keep what you have build it and see if its not enoughb then you need something bigger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Building an extension - what system do i use? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back