Discuss britony combi se hot water temp poor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fatboy123

got a problem with hot water on a britony combi se, switch on hot tap boiler fires up,low tempature in hot water flow out pipe,and the second heat exchanger has poor tempature,boiler runs for appox 3 or 4 mins then cuts out.? any thoughts guys...? thanks fatboy

Hey fatboy :) What do you mean by "cuts out"? Does it relight? Any flashing lights bells or whistles? :) Are you a qualified gas engineer? Please be aware that this is an open forum where anyone can view our discussions hence the reluctance to put forward any info that could prove harmful in the wrong hands :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am gas safe registered. It basically cuts out and you have to switch the boiler off and back on. The hot water only works if the central heating is on. The fault code it is chucking out is 40 50 60 & 80 lights are flashing. I suspect its a blocked heat exchanger, but as I'm newly qualified then wanted to get advice as I don't want to waste my customers money.

Is this something that could be rectified by a chemical cleaner, or am I better off taking it apart and flushing it out that way.

I am gas safe registered. It basically cuts out and you have to switch the boiler off and back on. The hot water only works if the central heating is on. The fault code it is chucking out is 40 50 60 & 80 lights are flashing. I suspect its a blocked heat exchanger, but as I'm newly qualified then wanted to get advice as I don't want to waste my customers money.

Is this something that could be rectified by a chemical cleaner, or am I better off taking it apart and flushing it out that way.

Horrible boiler!!! ... Only worked on one or two and would be wanting to talk to manufacturer personally! Checking f&r temps will help determine blockages ... flashing lights and lockout maybe as simple as a sensor issue but wouldn't know!! The mi's don't help with the lights you mention though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to britony combi se hot water temp poor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock