Search the forum,

Discuss BRISTAN CHEER shower in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

P

phillip m

Hi ,we have been in our house just over a year now and the bristan was already in place so not sure how old it is but;

there was a major burst pipe a few weeks back which stopped the water from working for a good 2 days and i feel ever since then
the shower doesn't get as hot as it should, the dial is span fully round and the water is warm but not as hot as it should be at that temp.

we had a new boiler fitted about 6 month ago so there has been no issues there, the taps are scolding but with the shower been on electric i wondered
if anyone can give me some adivce?

Check the filter in the shower first. Plus this time of year the incoming cold water is colder so reduces efficiency of the shower.

hi, i tried the filter, was fine, will it be the case of the weather? as i feel the weather recently hasn't been too bad but the water is still the same, would there be any other reason?

Possibly thermostatic cartridge
To be honest the the cheer is a very
'Cost effective ' shower I would just replace with something new and get a 5 year warranty.

I don’t think you’ll get more than 2 years on an electric shower warranty.

What is your new boiler? If it’s capable of providing you with a shower this would probably be a better bet, get rid of the electric one.

You’d get a far superior shower using hot from the combi and mains cold. It would also save about 70% of the cost of each shower you took.
Obviously a bit more work to fit this, but depending on layout of room, airing cupboard etc; it can be surprisingly easy to do this as a retro fit with little making good to do.

Reply to BRISTAN CHEER shower in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock