Discuss Boiler switches off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaG

Hi all.
My thorn floor standing boiler has started to shut itself down.
The pilot was out this morning which sometimes happens in high winds. I relit it, the boiler fired up & every thing seemed ok.
A few minutes later I noticed that the boiler was no longer lit, both the pilot & the main flame had gone out.
I relit it & watched what was happening. There is a click from the gas valve followed by the boiler flames going out along with the pilot flame. Another relight produced the same thing, it stays on for about 30 seconds then goes out.
Any help much appreciated.

DaG have you ran out of gas or knocked your meter control handle? If it isn't that then it sounds like your thermocouple may be faulty or pilot needs attention. Shouldn't be to difficult a job for GSR engineer to have back up and running for you :)

Check the flue outside,something may have fallen/been blow against it,blocking flue ways

After that you will need a gsr person to have a look at it

Thanks for the reply puddle I did check the flue outlet but it was clear.
Diamondgas got it right. Our gas meter & stopcock are in a cupboard under the stairs. It looks like somebody has been in there & knocked the lever almost completely around, so we were getting very little gas coming through.
British gas have recently fitted new pipes from the road to our house & that included new pipes in the house & a new stopcock. It's very easy to turn compared to the old lever we had, so it's something we will have to watch out for in future.
Thanks again for the help lads.:smile5:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler switches off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back