Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler pressure keeps dropping in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Guys

I have a combi boiler. I havent used it for over a year.

However when I came back to the property I had to pour boiling water over the condensor pipe outside as it was frozen as I was unable to get the rads on. Which worked.

So it heats up etc, no issues whatso ever. ( I am not using the rads now, only the hot water) However every day I have to keep topping up the pressure, as it drops completely.

I ccant see any visible leaks anywhere in the house.

I have also bled all the air from all rads from bottom to top of the property.

Any ideas as to what this can be ?

Hi…
Defo, in agreement with Chis! First thing to check is the external discharge pipe for any signs of dripping. Best time to check/test is after you’ve re-pressurised the combi up to around 1.5 bar when the boilers cold. Wait until it’s been running for a while & has warmed up a bit. Generally that’s when you will notice the discharge pipe dripping. You may even see signs of water on the wall or ground around the discharge pipe without having to do the test. This would indicate an issue on the expansion side of the boiler. If there are signs of water then you will need a gas safe engineer to make the repair.

Reply to Boiler pressure keeps dropping in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock