Discuss Blow torch problem ???? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mapps only about 11 a canister. Need a new nozzle for mine. Got some solder in the nozzle, got it out but the insert is all to pot and not giving the right flame.

Mapps only about 11 a canister. Need a new nozzle for mine. Got some solder in the nozzle, got it out but the insert is all to pot and not giving the right flame.
The insert comes with the service kit mate. I will get the part number in the morning if you want it. I pay 12.00 + at the moment. Normally buy a few when on offer

IMG_5479.JPG
The super fire is the daddy mate. In my opinion.

Curiosity got the better of me and I went to my store to see what torch was in my kit. Happy to say, as you can see, it is the Superfire2 :), so seems I got a good deal! Also checked my torch I use and discovered it is also the Superfire. I have always thought it was just a Surefire. :oops:

The Surefire, IIRC, has no flame adjustment so it's all or nothing. Bit too powerful for soldering 15mm?

The Surefire, IIRC, has no flame adjustment so it's all or nothing. Bit too powerful for soldering 15mm?

With blue bottles it's fine

Find the tip a bit smaller than the super

In the college I work at we have 10 Superfire 2 torches and as many apprentices using them on a daily basis. They quite frequently get solder inside the nozzle when soldering overhead (with safety specs on of course). I use another torch to blast the blocked nozzle from the outside, getting it nice and hot then just tap the molten solder out. It sorts them out without damaging the swirl pattern vanes inside. If you dig around with a small screwdriver they end up damaged.

Yes, we were told about safety specs in college, but never saw anyone wearing them! That said, I wear glasses anyway. If I didn't, I'd probably end up trying to solder curtain rails or electrical conduit by mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Blow torch problem ???? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back