Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Best hot water/heating setup for 3 bed house. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at buying a 3 bed house that needs a fair bit of work.

Its ex-council but fairly good sized lounge 4.72m x 3.63m dining room 2.79m x 2.24m kitchen 5.53m x 5.24m bedrooms 3.66m x 3.63m 3.66m x 3.23m and 3m x 2.34m

Currently has an old vented cylinder in bedroom cwst and f&e in loft with back boiler & gas fire in living room.

Ideally like to remove the cylinder from bedroom to free up space and remove the cupboard plus remove the back boiler.

Would a decent combi and new rads be up for the job? Only problem I can see is would like a decent shower in bathroom.

don't really want to go down the mega flow route as would cost a fair bit.

has decent incoming mains pressure.

Any advice on a good setup plus boiler output and model?

cheers!

would be fine, stick an lecky shower in the ensuite. Then if the boiler fails you still have one working shower.

So what are you saying here?

You want the tank gone
you want the bbu out
you want a decent shower
you have 1 bathroom and 3 bedrooms

Take your pick of 24kw combi's. The only advantage of 28, 30, 33 kw is the bath will fill a bit quicker but if you use the bath once or twice a year what is the difference.
Wouldn't even consider a megaflow (btw there are better unvented's) when you have no need for one and the running costs will be higher.

Speak to a reputable local plumber who will be more interested in giving you good advice than ripping you off.

A market leading 32kw boiler...now you've got me.
There are a few 32kw's out there that could be called a few names but certainly not market leading.

the problem with asking on the forum what make of boiler should i have is its like asking what loaf of bread is the best. We all have our own opinion based on experience. Best to ask the advise of your installer tbh as its he/she who will install and service it.

the problem with asking on the forum what make of boiler should i have is its like asking what loaf of bread is the best. We all have our own opinion based on experience. Best to ask the advise of your installer tbh as its he/she who will install and service it.

Warburtons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best hot water/heating setup for 3 bed house. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock