Discuss best ACS literature?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

southend-gas

Good morning lads (and ladies)

I was just wondering if anyone had any advice on books for studying for my Acs coming up. as mentioned before i did my apprenticeship with BG and worked for them for a number of years before leaving the trade for 2 years to help out in a family company. i now need to re-sit my acs and register with gas-safe, but am lookingof the best books/cds anything really that will refresh me on how to pass my acs. i have my old BG books im going through, but they are nearly 10 years old and im sure most of it still stands, there will most defiantely have been some changes over that period.

Any help will be much appreciated!!

Cheers

G

defo the latest BS one , wont your college be providing them or are you just going for it ?

im just going for it bod, went in to see the local ACS testing centre, and the guy who runs it starting throwing questions at me, and said im ready to just go for it, that coupled with a british gas apprenticeship should be enough for me to get through it.
Big ask of myself i know, but im squatting up virtually every night, hence the nrequest for help ha!!

wheres the best place to buy the latest BS one?

[DLMURL="http://books.hse.gov.uk/hse/public/saleproduct.jsf?catalogueCode=9780717664191"]Safety in the installation and use of gas systems and appliances - HSE Books[/DLMURL]

thats the full link

Last edited by a moderator:
There are a selection of training manuals out there and everyone has their preference. BPEC's gas training manual would be my preference, but another would be by Viper.

When i took mine not to long ago we brought the viper book,thought this was good for most you need to know but the college gives out all bs papers on exam day

i was in the same position as you southend gas ex bg done my re-yake last week but opted for a 2 day refresher as hadnt worked on gas for a few years and passed it easy but would have struggled without the refresher, viper gas book is best they still ask the most stupid theroy questions, i dont know why they do it ! all the best

acs is really just a safety course, so regs is a big part
for learning gas try trealoar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to best ACS literature?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock