Discuss Bentone B11 burner always locking out. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
The posted problem is also a good example as to the fact that it is always a good idea to retain second hand burners from scrapped boilers as it can be far easier to swap a faulty burner (or parts from it) for a working second hand one to save messing about fault finding if you are very busy.

The posted problem is also a good example as to the fact that it is always a good idea to retain second hand burners from scrapped boilers as it can be far easier to swap a faulty burner (or parts from it) for a working second hand one to save messing about fault finding if you are very busy.

If it had been severe weather I would have swapped the burner. I have an old B11 burner would have done temp. I also have loads of electrical parts for them - better to have a second hand part than nothing.
Just an update on the boiler - no messages received, so the new EB1 transformer must have fixed it.

Just received a text from customer to thank me for sorting the boiler as it has been running fine with new transformer. Lesson is - don't assume a nice strong spark on several tests means a transformer won't fail intermittently.
Thanks for all the replies & help! :smile:

Glad you got it sorted.

Thanks Simon, - your first reply was spot on. You were lucky though! :smile: Let's call it an educated guess!
I did everything right, except i probably should have waited an hour at least, but just didn't find anything wrong.
Had one yesterday on a friends boiler - another EB1 but no spark & the back of transformer had a large blister. Seem to get a run of same things.

Did you change the control box too? Often this is caused by the box....cause and effect etc

On my friends boiler, I didnt replace the Satronic control box & that is a very good point!
He is an Electrician & had already diagnosed the fault himself & I let him get on with it himself.
I know that is a common thing on the Satronic boxes to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bentone B11 burner always locking out. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock