Search the forum,

Discuss Bedroom radiator problem in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

B

Bedroom radiator problem

I have recently moved into a new house. We have a problem with the heating in a bedroom that sits above a garage. The garage is an integral part of the house with the bedroom above. The bedroom is very cold compared to the other bedrooms . The builder insists that the radiator in the room is the correct size for the room and I have checked this using an online calculator. However I don’t think the standard calculator takes into account the the fact that the bedroom sits above a very cold garage. Could anyone give me any advice on this ? Am I right in thinking that the calculation s flawed for this scenario ?
Thanks

Measure the flow and return temperature at the radiator when it is in use. Make sure that they are at least the values assumed in the sizing calculation. Compare with the values in the bedrooms that are okay.

Reply to Bedroom radiator problem in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock