Discuss Baxi solo 30HE leaking hex? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nostrum

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Been to a boiler this afternoon, Baxi solo, same as a promax?

fixed the initial fault but noticed water in combustion chamber and staining down the outside casing where the manifold bolts throughout the case. It looks like the hex is leaking out of a round recess on the right side of the hex, dripping onto gas pipe from gas valve to fan etc. it's hard to tell as there is only a 5mm gap between this and the combustion chamber side panel.

Is this a common fault, and will it require a complete hex replacement if so? If anyone has done this is it feasible or is the boiler a write off?

cheers in advance

Last edited:
I went to one the other day with the same problem.
Sadly it's an insurance job so I'm back there tomorrow with a new heat engine and fan.
Happy days.

Had one for a friend the other day. Got a one off payment fix in the end from baxi as it was cheaper than we could buy the hex, I think it was about £275 maybe plus vat.

Had one end of last year, as above got curt to take fixed cost repair, they nearly had a new boiler by the time all was done. (£250ish IIRC)

Phoned Baxi this morning, definitely knackered heat exchanger. Quoted £274 +vat for a replacement plus whatever else was needed once you get stuck in.

Passed on to Baxi for a fixed fee repair.

Cheers for the replies.

I changed one today, a real Pita, she'd loads of money for the parts and baxi/potterton don't even supply the O rings.
For Shame BP.

Had a one last week - boiler was only put in 9 months ago

image.jpg

yes it had a 7 year warranty and unfortunately it looks like it's going to need it.
They did sort it out quickly but even still customer still thinks it's something I did - v.frustrating.

Dont think Ill be fitting any more solos or main hea's again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi solo 30HE leaking hex? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock