Discuss baxi megaflo aggressive ignition in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

d.roche

hi guys.. would just like to say i am the equivalent of a gas safe registered engineer here in ireland.... havent gotten alot of replies to my posts so said id let ye know in case ye think im a DIY boff!!! anyway baxi megaflo 28 he lpg with 4.5 metre long horizontal flue ignites extremly loudly??? checked spark electrode/gas pressure/FGA checks out...... any advice please

check door seals,flue heat exchanger,sorry wrong boiler this ones basically a duotec whats your incoming inlet pressure?

Last edited by a moderator:
not sure what you meant there???? inlet pressure 37mbar?? actually changed 2nd stage reg

ya gap good and visual inspection of spark looks good... she lights with a rattle

check door seals,flue heat exchanger,sorry wrong boiler this ones basically a duotec whats your incoming inlet pressure?

I WILL TELL YOU WHAT I MEAN,BUT MY BAD FORGOT THIS IS LPG IF SAY ITS NG 17MB INLET WOULD CAUSE horrific noise on ignition due to the pre mix burner(note cap locks broken) dont know what your fga would be for lpg around 0.0003 for ng ,take electrodes out and check the gap,been known to bend and cause delayed explosive ignition or flame failure

Last edited by a moderator:
Rear insulator loose or something in the flue. Guess you are just gonna have to go through anything that could rattle.

Its the electrodes, it may look like spark ok through window but the spark gap isnt wide enough to ignite. take out electrodes and prise apart, not too much you'll bust em. Problem sorted, rattle probably case due to extra volume of gas exploding! if this works and normally does buy new electrodes (twelve quid)

already had changed electrodes baxi brought out a new type of electrode cos of the problems you guys mentioned..... so have the new one fitted... 10% co2 and 0.0009..... she continues to light quite loudly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to baxi megaflo aggressive ignition in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock