Discuss baxi bermuda back boiler cust out occasionally in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

arrumac

I have a baxi bermuda back boiler, the electronic version. It kept cutting out after a new zone vlave was connected. My plumber said it needed a room thermostat as the only control we had was the boiler control. I gladly had this installed as well as a new timer and tank thermo, it'll save money on the long run. The boiler still cut out on occasion. As it happens i took out out a British Gas support contract and after I had them look at it, they replaced the PCB on Monday and Tuseday night it cut out again. The BG engineer said he thougth it was an electrical issue because it seemed to be happening when the water tank was satisifed it sent its voltage to the zone valve (you;ll nee dto excuse me here) and it sat there, this cut out the boiler even though the room stat was still no up to temp. It does reset after switching off at the mains. Does this sound electrical? BTW the boiler was serviced twice in last 4 months.

Do you have a mid position valve or 2 zone valves? Sounds like the new valve hasn't been wired correctly.

yes, it has a mid position, I took the valve off as its handily got the postions marked and took the tank thermo up and down and we managed to create the issue when the hot water is at temp. I'll get the sparks to look again. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to baxi bermuda back boiler cust out occasionally in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back