Discuss Baxi Avanta Plus 30Kw system or the Baxi Megaflo 28Kw in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Philiusfog

We're having boiler problems with our Gloworm 30SXI which is 10years old (its been a nightmare since we purchased the house new with many parts replaced), and I now have to decide whether to repair the boiler again (looking at £200+) or replace the boiler. Someone who owes me some money has offered me a great price to replace the boiler with a Baxi and has offered me either the Avanta Plus 30Kw system or the Megaflo 28Kw. There seems to be varying reports on the Baxi boilers with some good, some bad and some indifferent reviews (would be interested to hear peoples thoughts on the brand), but I must admit I'm leaning towards replacing, especially as we would get a 5yr parts and labour warranty.

My sticking point then, is which of the two boilers to go for (they would both be installed for the same price) - can anyone offer any pointers/comments/experience as to what the differences are between the two boilers, how they find them if they have one fitted or install them?

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated.

Most importantly, Megaflo HE A, or Megaflo GA?

Dont touch it if it's a GA!

The HE A however is a great boiler, I'd have it in my house any day.

The Avanta is also great, just be prepared for most engineers to not know what it is when they attend a repair/service on it.

If warranty is a big selling point for you request a quote for an Ideal Vogue. Fantastic boiler with 10yr warranty, never fitted the system version but not much different to the combi which I have fitted

Most importantly, Megaflo HE A, or Megaflo GA?

Dont touch it if it's a GA!

The HE A however is a great boiler, I'd have it in my house any day.

The Avanta is also great, just be prepared for most engineers to not know what it is when they attend a repair/service on it.

dmheat,

I didn't' realise there were two different models in the Megaflo - what is the difference between the two, for you to say don't touch the GA version?

The only issue I may have with the Avanta is that the gas engineer has said flu is offset/off-centre slightly which may cause an issue as the space I have is snug.

I can get a 7yr warranty on both of the boilers, which I would be happy with

I didn't' realise there were two different models in the Megaflo - what is the difference between the two, for you to say don't touch the GA version?

GA stands for "Gas Adaptive" - a bit of technology that looked great in R&D, but didn't transit to production and real life quite so well. I think even Baxi would admit that it was one of their less successful innovations.

I can get a 7yr warranty on both of the boilers, which I would be happy with

If you are being offered a 7 yr warranty, the Baxi product is almost certainly the HE A version. A very sound product from a well proven platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi Avanta Plus 30Kw system or the Baxi Megaflo 28Kw in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back