Search the forum,

Discuss Bath/shower diverter washers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi does anyone know where the best place to find a selection of diverter washers/seals for Bath shower mixers?

Been asked to repair one, it's old and really needs replacing but the taps are fine it's just the diverter seal has perished. It's a horrible tap change and would be the difference between a 5minute job or a mornings work. I'm happy to do the tap change if I have to but if I can save the customer some aggro I will. I've been to replace a siphon and when asked about the taps I said I'll do my best to get the diverter working but it might be a case of new taps (in all honesty this is most likely). I don't like saying no to a job.

View attachment DSC_0860.JPG

View attachment DSC_0859.JPG

Those taps look to be Peglers Danum I am fairly sure. So Peglers will be able to supply.
Although you might also be able to use a standard diverter washer if you can buy one.
Definitely I would repair it.
Any decent well established independent plumbing merchants local to you?

Those taps look to be Peglers Danum I am fairly sure. So Peglers will be able to supply.
Although you might also be able to use a standard diverter washer if you can buy one.
Definitely I would repair it.
Any decent well established independent plumbing merchants local to you?

Don't they use o rings on a brass casting ?

Don't they use o rings on a brass casting ?

You could be correct. I can’t remember how the Peglers Danum diverter works.
That therefore might be a straightforward fix if he has same O rings.

Hi thanks for the replies, I have taken the diverter out, it's definitely a washer and not an o ring unfortunately.

I will look up these pegler danum taps and see if I can get a spare for them. Thanks for the info, customer is away until the end of the week so I have some time.

I received an email from Pegler who said they think the taps were from the Danum range only thing is they no longer do the spares for them.

The standard diverter washer in the packs from the merchants are no good. The diameter is OK but the internal hole is too small and they rip as soon as its stretched slightly.

I've been asked to fix one of these now, telephone style jobbie...ive got at least two in my scrap garage (pile that's taken over garage) so will salvage bits maybe.

I received an email from Pegler who said they think the taps were from the Danum range only thing is they no longer do the spares for them.

The standard diverter washer in the packs from the merchants are no good. The diameter is OK but the internal hole is too small and they rip as soon as its stretched slightly.

Definitely Danum, as I have installed plenty of them.
Just cut the hole in the washer bigger then.
I often have to modify washers.
Although I bet you could get a matching washer somewhere.

If the hole is too small, I use a soldering iron to make it bigger. Bit smelly admittedly but if you dont have one heat up a driver or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bath/shower diverter washers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock