Currently reading:
ATL Training please help!!!!

Discuss ATL Training please help!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mr Carter

Hello everybody I would be grateful if anybody could give me some serious advice...

I signed up with ATL Practical Training a year ago to train to be a gas engineer, and found the help from the 'tutors' very minimal so I stopped doing the course. I am now interested in training again to become a gas engineer, but when I researched ATL I found they are also known as many other company names such as 'Metropolitan International Schools Ltd' and now 'ERR' (according to City and Guilds)?? I was also told I could cancel the course at any time, which I have found is not the case and would have to pay £3000 to cancel it through Career Finance 4 Trade Skills Ltd!! It seems a lot of people have had problems with them, and are in the same boat.

This sounds very much like a scam and I was wondering whether anyone has done any training with ATL?

If so, did you have any problems? Also, did you get your qualifications in the end and were they up to date?

I would also be grateful if anyone can recommend any gas engineering courses?

Thanks everyone

Tony

Have you approached any colleges and enquired about night classes (gotta be cheaper than your paying surely), also try some locals for weekend free experience that way you will understand more of the basics quicker and get some evidence.

Have you approached any colleges and enquired about night classes (gotta be cheaper than your paying surely), also try some locals for weekend free experience that way you will understand more of the basics quicker and get some evidence.

I have looked into night classes but there is far and few in London

I am on my 6 module. How long have you been waiting to go on your practical for?

im oing in this month for my first 2 weeks had to wait a wile and e a crei confermationheet o prove I beenpaying the finace ndi had t chase them to get it bookeam tll witing for letter o confermaton thughand I been 2 weeks.

are you saying the 6,000 is nothing? If you know any send them my way please.....most training will do but in a way they say should go all the way instead of just taking your money because all they get is a bad reputation

Were you forced by them to pay out £6,000, NO. You say they should give you all you need (go all the way) or else they will just get a bad name? Why should they get a bad name?
When you attend Cambridge or Oxford, do they give you a job at the end of your tuition?
If you went to study Law at Oxford or Cambridge, do you think they will provide you with a Law firm/Chambers for you to do your legal apprenticeship/training?

The onus is on you to try your utmost best to approach plumbers and plumbing firms and secure a placement for getting your portfolio evidence sorted, instead of blaming the course provider for training you

Were you forced by them to pay out £6,000, NO. You say they should give you all you need (go all the way) or else they will just get a bad name? Why should they get a bad name?
When you attend Cambridge or Oxford, do they give you a job at the end of your tuition?
If you went to study Law at Oxford or Cambridge, do you think they will provide you with a Law firm/Chambers for you to do your legal apprenticeship/training?

The onus is on you to try your utmost best to approach plumbers and plumbing firms and secure a placement for getting your portfolio evidence sorted, instead of blaming the course provider for training you

Well they did promise me help and advice to help me contact employers and the woman on the phone declined to helping me with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ATL Training please help!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock