Search the forum,

Discuss Anyone wear gloves for ALL work and find it no hinderance? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Periodically get sick of constantly having half a dozen cuts of varying degrees on my hands. Every now and then put on some gloves, think "Hey this ain't bad." Then realise I want to press my finger into the corner of a compression joint nut to check for no weeps or something similar. Off come the gloves and then they usually just stay off.

Gloves are for meat head labourers, skilled delicate work is impossible with gloves.

I've tried gloves but can never get on with them. My hands are suffering at the moment tho. Never seem completely clean and the cuts and cracks are getting worse.

After a nasty chunk of skin got severed off when my hand slipped removing an old potterton profile off the wall recently I try & wear gloves on installation type work! I find they stay much cleaner, definitely less war wounds!

I use the thin type work gloves, rubberised palm, really good don't restrict, can even dip your finger in the jet blue for olives etc!
Disposable gloves for the dirty jobs, no good as work gloves tho & my hands sweat in them!

My hands are lush after a day of wearing gloves, but once they get wet they have to come off. And you don't want your hands getting too soft as they cut too easily then!

General work I use Nitrile gloves ( good with oil too ) anything heavy I use them thin black stretchy ones

Depends what your doing .
But when it's cold and your doing soil pipework, or first fixing I use the red "site" gloves from screwfix. Apart from when needing to do really fiddly stuff, they are very good.

These ones £1.99

http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/site-dextrogrip-nitrile-foam-coated-gloves-red-black-large/7082j

Last edited:
I hate wearing gloves when working. I have been on sites where you have to wear them at all times, some jobs just aren't possible when wearing gloves.

Depends what your doing .
But when it's cold and your doing soil pipework, or first fixing I use the red "site" gloves from screwfix. Apart from when needing to do really fiddly stuff, they are very good.

These ones £1.99

http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/site-dextrogrip-nitrile-foam-coated-gloves-red-black-large/7082j

+1 love those gloves, and another thing, the more you wear gloves like when you have to on site, you just get used to them. (until you drip hot solder onto them, anyone done that?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyone wear gloves for ALL work and find it no hinderance? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock