Currently reading:
Any of you underfloor heating fitters tried these people?

Discuss Any of you underfloor heating fitters tried these people? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dannypipe

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hello all.

When I do underfloor heating I tend to stick with Nu Heat as I think they're service and products are really good.

I'm fitting some UFH in a conservatory next week, just remembered that these people emailed me:

Wunda Floor Heating

I checked out their website and the kits they sell are dirt cheap. Phoned them up, and what worries me a bit is the fact that I need to heat 24M2 and their 25M kit is only good for background heat (not enough pipe) so I would have to buy the 30-60M kit in order to get the pipe centres I would need to heat it properly.

Also their kit has manual acuators, not electric and a Wilo pump not a Grundfos. So it's easy to see where they're cutting corners....I mean saving money!

Still its half the price of the Nu Heat kit.

I think I'll stick to Nu Heat, but I thought I'd ask if any one has dealt with them, and can rate their products?

(Snowed off today so catching up on paper work!)

Last edited:
These are the two kits I'm looking at:

[DLMURL="http://www.wundafloorheating.co.uk/83-30m-60m-kit.html"]30m-60m Kit - Wunda Floor Heating[/DLMURL]

OneZone - 25m2 - Screeded floor

Also getting some prices from the merchant for the Poly Plumb (which I've fitted before) and the JG kits.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the JG kits and they are my preference for quality, reliability and ease of fitting but they are too expensive for run of the mill jobs. I'll have a wee look into that Wunda kit.

I quite like the Poly Plumb kits as I like their red grid that holds the pipe down. The clips that push into the celotex are a bit of a pain unless you own one of those tools that pushes them in.

Like I said I've used Nu Heat a few times, and I highly rate them....but I tend to get them for specced systems, where it's more than one zone.

I've had a quote for a JG and for a Poly Poly Plumb kit from my merchants: 30M kits.

JG SPEEDFIT £607.88+ VAT

POLYPLUMB £681.80 (doesn't come with a stat, I did ask as I have had this before!) The JG one does come with a stat.

So there's hardly anything in it with the JG, the Poly Plumb or the Nu Heat. Which only makes me more concerned that Wundafloor is so cheap. If the market leaders are all around the same cost, then is it a case of you get what you pay for? Just wondered if anyone had used em?

Hi Danny

With Polypipe UFCH, it can sometimes work out quite a bit cheaper to buy at component level than to buy the kits. Merchant discount on kits is less than the individual parts. I doesn't always work out - it depends on the exact kit, and whether you propose to use all of it, or will be left with odd bits you don't use.

<sponsor alert>
If you have our current pricebook, check page 19 for the component level pricing. Or PM me details and Martin, our UFCH guru will work it out for you.
</sponsor>

Ray

Thanks Ray, I do have your current book, I will take a ganders at it!

If I get stuck I'll contact the guru!

I also tend to use Nu-Heat for specced / larger multi zone jobs, and polyplumb for smaller 1 or 2 zone ones. Wundaheat have as yet, not managed to beat any other quote i've had for any system. They get to within touching distance, but better the devil you know and all that:wink5:

Don't think they do free training. Does anyone do free UFH training?

we're looking at using maincor quality gear and they reckon to come in cheaper than most with a quick turn round on pricing,
anyone used them ?

I looked for manufacturers free training in past cant remember finding any !

Hello all.

When I do underfloor heating I tend to stick with Nu Heat as I think they're service and products are really good.

I'm fitting some UFH in a conservatory next week, just remembered that these people emailed me:

Wunda Floor Heating

I checked out their website and the kits they sell are dirt cheap. Phoned them up, and what worries me a bit is the fact that I need to heat 24M2 and their 25M kit is only good for background heat (not enough pipe) so I would have to buy the 30-60M kit in order to get the pipe centres I would need to heat it properly.

Also their kit has manual acuators, not electric and a Wilo pump not a Grundfos. So it's easy to see where they're cutting corners....I mean saving money!

Still its half the price of the Nu Heat kit.

I think I'll stick to Nu Heat, but I thought I'd ask if any one has dealt with them, and can rate their products?

(Snowed off today so catching up on paper work!)

Danny,

Wonder who's pipe they use have you asked, nothing wrong with the Wilo kit they make good pumps, nothing wrong with the way they control the water temp. go with your feeling, ring them up and talk to them ask then the ins and outs of their product I know they are in Wales just, they speak the same language you can but give it a try, it's probably from Europe and we do need to think about poor old Europe, give them all the support we can Blah Blah.. just like they do with us.

Danny,

Wonder who's pipe they use have you asked, nothing wrong with the Wilo kit they make good pumps, nothing wrong with the way they control the water temp. go with your feeling, ring them up and talk to them ask then the ins and outs of their product I know they are in Wales just, they speak the same language you can but give it a try, it's probably from Europe and we do need to think about poor old Europe, give them all the support we can Blah Blah.. just like they do with us.
Problem is tho' it's plastic.

And does anyone know when they started using plastic pipe for underfloor heating ?

At Wunda, we use the Pert-Al-Pert pipe with our kits. You can change the Wilo C Rated pump to a Grunfoss EUP pump for an extra £20.00 + VAT. If you would however like to discuss your project with us to make sure you are getting the correct kit you can call the office on:[h=4]Sales Hotline: 0800 083 2677[/h] Hope this helps - even though this post is a little old!

I think you might get in to trouble if you don't speak to Mods or Admin about advertising Wunda :skep:

I think you might get in to trouble if you don't speak to Mods or Admin about advertising Wunda :skep:

Yes, we commented without realising the terms - oops! - have since messaged for sponsoring & awaiting details to support the forum - they are great way to pass on expert advice!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Any of you underfloor heating fitters tried these people? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back