Discuss Any of you guys HETAS registered? Looking for some information please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tweakyboy

Looking for some information with regards to a taking a wood burning stove into a masonry chimney. Does it have to be lined or can you just pop the stove pipe up past the register plate, making sure the register plate has a cleaning hatch.

I can't seem to find much solid information on it really, its for my house in the future I want to get it all sorted out before plastering/decorating starts really.

Info - 1930s house with a 9"x9" rendered masonry chimney.

Cheers guys.

Flexible flue liner all the way up.

In our last house we thought we had this but after the fire brigade came out ...

Turned out the flue went about a foot above the register plate and that was it. Hot ashes, etc had collected on top of the register plate and this one evening during a 4 day powercut when we loaded up the fire we got more heat that we'd bargained for ...

(I'm not HETAS but one of the things I know about solid fuel.)

It's normally a 7" flexy flue liner as well that needs dropping down the chimney. It then has an adaptor that connects to the flue coming off the stove. Don't forget about fitting ventilation and also fitting a CO alarm is now mandatory.

I'm not HETAS but I occasionally labour for a mate of mine who is HETAS reg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Any of you guys HETAS registered? Looking for some information please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock