Discuss Air in system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

ferrytrip1

Hi, we had pump, 3 way valve replaced before xmas. One radiator needs constant bleeding so I assume air must be getting in from somewhere.

Is this a valid assumption or is it possible that the systems is still trying to purge the air and it is settleing in this one rad.

If air is getting in - how would I trace the entry point?

Thanks

Simon

sounds like a high point in the system pipe work on that rad or a corrosion problem try setting fire to the air carefully if it burns you have corrosion issues also check your pump see what duty it is and speed its set on

Did this happen before the pump and valve were replaced?If not could be a joint before pump needs tightening

hmmm, set fire to it - think i'll pass and seek assistance with that one. Pump is on its lowest setting, no it was ok prior to the work. Would a loose joint let air in rather than let water out?

Prior to the work the system was filled with the stuff to loosen any sludge, after the work a corrsion inhibitor was added.

I will be replacing a bath towel rad next week so will look at the joints then

Thanks for the replies

Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Air in system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock