Discuss advise on best boiler pls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

artie guber

following a visit a few weeks ago from a plumber on a heating matter it was recommended that at some point in the near future i should get my baxi bermuda back boiler replaced with a modern combi boiler

because i believe in being 'in the know' on such matters, before i proceed to get a plumber in (in due course) i would like to know what boiler type to go for and what to avoid. I am in a bungalow, with just me the occupant, with 7 radiators scattered around.

Lets assume i am not on a budget - nor am i a great believer of saving the planet. I want a really good quality boiler with well made parts that are not likely to fail one day after the year's guarantee. I am not looking for cheap and cheerful. I would rather have reliability over efficiency any day. I really do not mind spending more money so long as it is quality. I hear condensing boilers are more trouble than they are worth. I am also aware that Baxi have a combi model that replaces their own old back boiler (but are not popular with plaumbers due to the awkwardness of installation)

So what do you guys recommend (what would you install in your own house if fitting a boiler from scratch, or replacing one in a close relative's house). What are the good brands to buy, and what are the ones to avoid like the plague. I see alot of new build wimpey/bovis etc homes in my work and many of the people living there have mentioned boilers going wrong within a couple of years or so of buying the place (i am a locksmith by trade).

hope you can take a few moments to advise and then when i call local guy at least i can pretty much say what i want (or more importantly dont). There are probably a load of questions you need to ask me before advising, as i guess it probably isnt as simple as just saying buy brand X and not brand Y. Fingers crossed though

Last edited by a moderator:
Fraid it will have to be condensing, cant be anything else wether it be open vent or combi..Just hang on a bit and loads of folk on here will give pros and cons of boilers they fit..

vaillant (now the common probs have been addressed although controls not easy), worcester (reliable but mostly plastic components), ive heard rave reviews about intergas but never seen one fit as yet..Also the new version of the viessman vitodens is supposed to bo good..........Dont go with baxi they had there day with the good bbu's.

Ask 10 fitters and you'll get at least 8 different answers.

The quality of the installation is just as important as the choice of boiler.

At the moment I'm fitting ideal logics, because in my eyes, they're the best value for money considering the quality.

In my own house I would fit a Intergas, I would also recommend a worcester.

blimey - loads of options

thanks guys

pos/neg results so far:-

intergas 2 pos
worcester 2 pos - 1 neg
vallinat 1 pos
viessman 1 pos
ideal logics 1 pos
baxi 1 neg

only 4 moving parts in the intergas - loving it already!!!

keep them coming

are there any absolute dogs to avoid?

basically if you've never heard of the name theres usually a reason. i agree with tb if its intergas id stick it in the garage or an airing cupboard..also just gotta say all boilers at some point will need parts etc just like a car ,there the heart of your house and for some reason a lot of folk dont mind maintaining there car but get funny if there boiler plays up. what im trying to say is more money better boiler but it might still play up. good luck deciding,:wink:

ooh - intergas now has 4 plusses

and i reckon any boiler will be in my old airing/hot water cylinder cupboard so not in view particularly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to advise on best boiler pls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock