Discuss Adding a booster pump to a secondary system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, thanks for reading post.

I’m working in a large house which has 3 upstairs bathrooms all with showers and baths. Hot water pressure is very poor so looking to add a booster pump to the hot side. Cold is taken from mains to all bathrooms.

Have added booster pump to system and turned off secondary system pump and valves so no hot water should be returning back to cylinder. But the pump is constantly on and pressure indicator on cylinder is showing large fluctuations. Struggling to trouble shoot why water still returning back to cylinder.

System is quite old so could secondary system valves be perished? There is one immediately before and after the brass pump?

Any advice greatly appreciated. I have a small building contract company, and customer wants us to increase hot pressure.

Many thanks.

Your problem now is stored hot water

What's the cylinder size

And are you heating via top immersion?

I think the point is this doesn’t add up. The cylinder that we’ve seen the top of will not have the capacity to feed three bathrooms I can’t believe this has ever worked

Should be fine if you run one bathroom at a time but won't last with all 3 going at the same time less than 5 mins on full load

Reply to Adding a booster pump to a secondary system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back