Discuss A Short Update... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi everyone, thought I'd give a short update to the forum of what I have been up to so far as I have come on here for a lot of advice so thought only right to let you know what's been happening. :)

As you may know I have been working alongside a plumber local to me since January on weekends. I have assisted on heating installs, jacuzzi bath installations, appliance servicing and other maintenance work.

Most recently we fitted a new boiler, cylinder and pipework. I am left to do the soundness testing, removing the old boiler, putting the new one in, then fitting the new gas pipe etc. I have had a lot of guidance along the way.

Also the last couple of weekends we were called to a house where the macerator was blocked. (incorrect waste pipe size) Once the lid was taken off I'm sure you can imagine the state of it! We had to run a new waste pipe outside to the soil stack which all went without a glitch only to find upon turning the macerator on it no longer wanted to work. (burnt out motor likely)

This weekend my challenge is to remove an old boiler, get the new one on the wall connect the gas etc. Should go without too many problems but I am nervous as I'm pretty much going to be left to do it by myself. Any advice going would be appreciated lol.

My confidence has grown loads and that's just doing weekends, over the Summer I should have a couple of weeks spare where I hope to tag along. A couple of weeks in one go would do me wonders.

That's it for now, I have kept it short but things are looking good for the future.

Keep up the good work

Sounds like your really enjoying it

Sounds good, glad your enjoying it and making the most of the opportunity.

As for advice, take a minute or two to look at the job and plan what needs doing and what you need. If you get stuck at all take a step back and think it through and I'm sure you'll be fine.

Thanks for the encouraging replies I hope to be making some big changes over the next couple of months.

Best advice I can give is when you unpack whatever you're installing throw the MI's away then when it doesn't work spend hours rummaging through skip/rubbish bins for instructions thats what most of us do.

Best advice I can give is when you unpack whatever you're installing throw the MI's away then when it doesn't work spend hours rummaging through skip/rubbish bins for instructions thats what most of us do.

Give me time and I'm sure that will happen hahaha!

Good sig btw! :)

Don't forget to chuck away that little pack of washers as well so you can spend hours rummaging through a skip looking for it before driving to the merchants to tell them that the boiler came without any and demand they give you a pack out of another boiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to A Short Update... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back