Discuss Kudox Radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kane

I am looking to replace my radiators and settled on Kudox premium from Screwfix. My plumber has now offered to use his discount at B&Q. B&Q stock Kudox but I am not sure if I am comparing like with like. Radiators are a similar price but Screwfix describe the range as "Kudox Premium" with a 15 year manufactures guarantee, B&Q don't describe theirs as premium and mention a 1 year guarantee. This would suggest that B&Q are selling a budget (or more budget) range but if you look at the Kudox website they only list the one model and don't mention a "premium range". Does anyone know if the radiators are the same or should I go with the premium range at screwfix. Thanks.

i dont like them kudox rads they look cheap imo!

i get far better quality from my local merchant and cheaper too.
top of my head i think biasi are better with 10 yr wnty . however bnq skunk fix are the same company

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the replies. Looked at Myson but they are about 150% more expensive than the Kudox premium. The reviews on the screwfix site are generally positive. Has anyone actually fitted these.

Thanks for the replies. Looked at Myson but they are about 150% more expensive than the Kudox premium. The reviews on the screwfix site are generally positive. Has anyone actually fitted these.

It will be the same basic radiator. A number of manufacturers make the same rad, and then slap a different grille and panel on it, change the packaging, warranty and marketing, and bobs-yer-uncle. Stelrad have loads of brands and sub brands, all on the same handful of basic design.

It will be alright. Not great, but alright. Your problem is more likely to occur if a rad has some cosmetic damage on delivery - it would be easier to sort that out with a local supplier, but other than that, there isn't much in it. Within reason, a rad is a rad, and the differences - whilst they matter to the lads who are doing this all day long - would largely be lost on a single job.

Kane, I don't think you're getting the point.

We don't fit kudox, because they're rubbish, and to us, they're expensive. Radiators are one of the few items we can still get much cheaper than joe public and the internet warriors. So we buy good rads, cheaper than your cheap rads.

Tip: Let the plumber buy the rads from his merchant. You'll get a better product, and he might make a small markup. End result, you'll still pay less for your rads.

Kudox look tat & are tat. I wouldn't accept the words of screwfix reviews as most of the comments will be from customers who are DIY or 'buy anything cheap, get someone to fit it cheap' people.
They are very lightweight & with very feeble top & side panels. It's like trying to compare a Porsche to a Robin Reliant.
Kudox rads will heat your rooms but not what I would even consider buying. I am just at the moment helping a lady get her newly renovated house finished. All the plumbing work is DIY including the materials & the rads are, surprise surprise, Kudox. I hate the look of them.
I like Myson round top & they are not that expensive to the trade. Over a whole heating job, unless it is a massive place, you will save very little money & ruin the job with Kudox rads IMO

I should also mention there will be 2 brand new Kudox rads (one is a large double) surplus on the job I am on because of redesign & 1 towel rail idea & I won't even take them if I am offered them free!

I like the plumb center center rads. Grilles on no problem, grilles off and upside down and its a nice roundtop. The cheap rads look shi, cheap. Spot welds showing etc etc.

I like the rads from Williams.

Let your plumber source them, then its no headaches for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Kudox Radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back