Discuss what flue gas analyser ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have used Testo, Kane and Anton, I prefer the Anton, got my first Anton about 7 years ago, replaced it for the newer sprint v2, when i needed more for other engineers i bought the v2's again, easy to use, durable, if I have any problem it is the length of time taken to recalibrate and get it back.

I have used Testo, Kane and Anton, I prefer the Anton, got my first Anton about 7 years ago, replaced it for the newer sprint v2, when i needed more for other engineers i bought the v2's again, easy to use, durable, if I have any problem it is the length of time taken to recalibrate and get it back.

Have you GES in Welwyn Garden City? They have a pretty quick turnaround :)

So if you're considering to buy an analyser, here are some facts which helps you decide which unit to go for. The main two analyser on the market are Kane 455 and Anton Sprint V2. Anton utilises electro chemical O2 and CO sensors which have a shelf life of 2 years and 3 years respectively. The O2 sensor will need changing after 2 years as it depletes whether the unit is in use or not. The cost of exchanging the sensors including a calibration of an Anton analyser is £175 +vat (today) and the turnaround is 7 to 10 days as stated but has been reported to take as long as they like it to take! The Kane 455 utilises infrared CO and O2 sensors which lasts 5 years so upon the sixth year, they need replacing.The cost of exchanging the sensors including a calibration of a Kane analyser is £145 +vat (today) and the turnaround is same day if you take the unit in yourself or 1 to 3 days if posted. I know which one I would go for, but here you have it, just thought the information may of some use to you.

I have only ever used a anton fga, never really had any problems, its an expensive bit of kit, and I would recommend it. [DLMURL]https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005DEXU1E/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_til?tag=earnitonline-21&camp=1406&creative=6394&linkCode=as1&creativeASIN=B005DEXU1E&adid=1H8YMWWWHVDRPKMK757V[/DLMURL]&

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Kane 425 with all the extras, had it for 5 years it is very simple to use.

how do I stand doing landlord certs without my analyser never been without one but not getting one until next wk

Just think how we did landlord tickets before ? If its not a condensing boiler you can run all the checks without one, i run all my checks first the old way and then use the analyser to back up my findings not keen on just using a machine to service a gas appliance, last month i went to look at a boiler that was acting strange british gas had been to service it the week before only using an analyser and the reading were ok, i took the front of the heat exchanger and bingo half full of carbon so dont worry to much about the analyser they can give false readings.

i use a sprint very easy to use but expensive to maintain, but havin said that if its paying its way then it dont matter

analyser will give false readings if not calibrated imo

however i still do a full check up gas rates etc etc then analyse myself

I was advised by GSR that if you're testing a non condensing boiler, you may not be required to record your ratio. Then again, they weren't fully committed to their words when they said it. Leaves a get out claws if you catch my drift.

They even have planted that concept even in their recorded message, only they don't call it a get out claws!

I haven't got all those pretty pictures under my name! Sorry a bit new here! :cyclist:

you dont need to do any fga readings on a landlords cert, unless the appliance manufacturer requires it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to what flue gas analyser ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock