Discuss 10mm heating system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

matt50696

hi guy's,
I have got a house with 10mm heating system, had an extension built and need to put new rad's in, what I'm asking, is it ok to connect 15mm copper or plastic pipe to the 10mm and fit the rads to the 15mm pipe work, would i just use a 15-10mm reducer?
cheers

If you can find the main heating flow & return it would be best to tee 15mm into there. Alternatively, depending on the length of run etc, connecting into the 10mm should be okay.
I would not recommend more than 1 rad off each 10mm supply tho

You need to find a 15mm pipe minimum to connect onto, no way would I connect a new run onto existing 10mm feeding a radiator.

Mixed results with that never done it but have had to rectify a few.
do it right first time.

Get back to 22mm and extend to somewhere near location and then come off in 15mm. Don't connect into existing 10mm rad feeds to feed more radiators..

It all depends on how the system was built in the begining.

Proper micro bore systems all connect back to a manifold -
a 22mm feed and rtn - looks like a hedgehog or a mediaeval instrument
of torture. If your system is like this then only 1x rad per 10mm run.

You can only really get 2 rads off 15mm - I tried to get 2x 3.3kw rads off
15mm in my house no way !.

Your best bet is to send us a diagram as far as you can get it right
then we can all see the rabbit and advise you properly

centralheatking

centralheatking

It all depends on how the system was built in the begining.

Proper micro bore systems all connect back to a manifold -
a 22mm feed and rtn - looks like a hedgehog or a mediaeval instrument
of torture. If your system is like this then only 1x rad per 10mm run.

You can only really get 2 rads off 15mm - I tried to get 2x 3.3kw rads off
15mm in my house no way !.

Your best bet is to send us a diagram as far as you can get it right
then we can all see the rabbit and advise you properly

centralheatking

centralheatking

that depends on the size of the rads ive got 2 6x6 doubles running quite happily on one pair of 10mm pipes

I once tee'd off 8mm for a 600x400 double rad, feeding a 600x1200 single already!

It was for my brother, I warned him it may struggle! But to be fair it worked a treat!

Now I'm gonna be slaughtered...

I once tee'd off 8mm for a 600x400 double rad, feeding a 600x1200 single already!

It was for my brother, I warned him it may struggle! But to be fair it worked a treat!

Now I'm gonna be slaughtered...

TRV's on the system?

Yes there Are trv's on the system... ?

Not sure what that proves tho lol? Enlighten me!!

As the system and house warms up then trv's will close down and eventually the rads on smaller bore will get warmed through. Might get away with it on a couple of small rads but bigger ones I wouldn't.

most micro bore systems have over-ley long runs of 8/10mm pipe that can only just warm the rad it goes to tbh. Best go to larger pipework. Take the fact the system is being drained to give it a good flush, maybe even take the rads off and mains flush them through outside if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 10mm heating system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock