Search the forum,

Discuss Writing up a contract + estimate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meady

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Basically after a bit if advice really. Monday to Friday I work on site for a for a Plumbing company and then do my own little jobs on an evening or weekend, this means I've never had the need to write out contracts for work to be done or estimates.

I'm going to be pricing up a job to do all of the plumbing and gas in a brand new house soon so would it be best for a written estimate and then contract if I was to get the job and if so what should be in them both and does anyone have a draft of one they use the selfs or something like that,

cheers

Just had a quick skim through all of that mate and that's absolutely spot on, massive thanks for all of that :)

just alter it to suit. Ive took it fron gasforce when i left, it's watertight, used it for years and it makes people pay. lowers stress loads

Basically after a bit if advice really. Monday to Friday I work on site for a for a Plumbing company and then do my own little jobs on an evening or weekend, this means I've never had the need to write out contracts for work to be done or estimates.

I'm going to be pricing up a job to do all of the plumbing and gas in a brand new house soon so would it be best for a written estimate and then contract if I was to get the job and if so what should be in them both and does anyone have a draft of one they use the selfs or something like that,

cheers

Labour only? this is what i would recommend to protect yourself from a big loss.

Nope pricing up for all materials except the sanitary ware if I renember correctly

make sure you get paid in stages atleast, straight after 1st fix, 2nd, fix, 3rd fix, handover etc..... issue your invoice. Dont start the next phase of work unless the last one has been paid. Keep a key for one of the doors to the property so if you dont get paid you can remove your materials.

make sure you get paid in stages atleast, straight after 1st fix, 2nd, fix, 3rd fix, handover etc..... issue your invoice. Dont start the next phase of work unless the last one has been paid. Keep a key for one of the doors to the property so if you dont get paid you can remove your materials.

Good advice cheers mate, you sound like your talking from experience :)

Good advice cheers mate, you sound like your talking from experience :)

I know a few lads that have lost thousands working for small builders. If they hit money trouble, you will be at the bottom of the list to get your money back. Cash flow is king as they say, this is why i try to stick to labour only on jobs like this, if you dont get paid atleast your merchant dont want your balls on a plate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Writing up a contract + estimate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock