Discuss working pressure at meter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say to contact the supplier and let them know as it should really be between 19mb and 30mb but they will probebly say everything is ok or maybe send someone out. Check you manometer is zerod tho first hahaha

30mb. Wow. Bet you cook your eggs in no time!

It may be a case of a faulty governor or just resetting but in Bexhill there are issues with working pressures as low as 17 mbar at the meter. This is down to inadequately sized pipes throughout the town and when you call Southern Gas Networks out there is nothing that they can do until the gas pipes have been renewed. You have to be really fussy with pipe sizing in Bexhill as you have hardly any leeway.

Working pressure at the meter between 19-30mbar? Think you will need to recheck those figures. :)
eh....i am asking you...i have 18mbar at the meter when the boiler is operating,the working pressures on the boiler are fine,is it ok to use or get esp in, 3 people liked it ,strange ,please explain

eh....i am asking you...i have 18mbar at the meter when the boiler is operating,the working pressures on the boiler are fine,is it ok to use or get esp in, 3 people liked it ,strange ,please explain

desrob, my statement re rechecking those figures for working pressure at the meter was in direct response to hobo's quote below. I apologise if I didn't make that clear.

I would say to contact the supplier and let them know as it should really be between 19mb and 30mb

The reason three people may have like my comment is because he was not describing correct tolerance for working pressure at the meter. In fact, he is describing tolerance for standing pressure. I didn't give the full correction immediately because I was hoping that he, or any one else learning from this threads, would check their reference material.

You have now identified correct working pressure tolerances. You have found that it is below the tolerance so I personally would have turned off the meter, issued the appropriate documentation, reported it to the Grid and got a job reference number. If the Grid chose to do nothing about it, I'm not the last (wo) man on the job.

Last edited by a moderator:
desrob, my statement re rechecking those figures for working pressure at the meter was in direct response to hobo's quote below. I apologise if I didn't make that clear.

The reason three people may have like my comment is because he was not describing correct tolerance for working pressure at the meter. In fact, he is describing tolerance for standing pressure. I didn't give the full correction immediately because I was hoping that he, or any one else learning from this threads, would check their reference material.

You have now identified correct working pressure tolerances. You have found that it is below the tolerance so I personally would have turned off the meter, issued the appropriate documentation, reported it to the Grid and got a job reference number. If the Grid chose to do nothing about it, I'm not the last (wo) man on the job.
you'll go green...apology
accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to working pressure at meter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back