Currently reading:
Worcester Junior 28i

Discuss Worcester Junior 28i in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi fellas haven't posted for a while , got a problem with this boiler and not really clued up on worcesters!....do they go through a fan and pump purge once turned on? I ask because when i turn the boiler on from the spur it attempts to go through a cycle with no demand for heat.....but all that happens is pump will run there is power to fan but not running. after about 30 seconds it locks out with blue light flashing. Fan problem?

Any help appreciated thanks

CJ

junior or greenstar?

yes this boiler has a hw preheat

pres eco until light is on to deactivate it

does the fan pulse when you turn power on?

These fans have a permanent live, so just because it has power it doesnt necesarily mean its meant to be running. I cant remember off the top of my head if the fan does turn on breifly when the power is turned onto it.

"It lock out with blue flashing light"! What is the exact flash like? Slow, fast? What about the reset button? Is this flashing?

The flashing lights/buttons all tell a story about what the issue may be. Need to know what they are doing to give us an idea.

These fans have a permanent live, so just because it has power it doesnt necesarily mean its meant to be running. I cant remember off the top of my head if the fan does turn on breifly when the power is turned onto it.

It pulses once when you turn it on

And Worcesters diag is to test for permanent live and if that's there. Fan is u/s

no pulse from from fan, just pump running. thought they might have permanent live with the fan having a board on it......its a fast flashing light. i know the flashing sequence gives you an indication, was just posting to see if anyone had come across this or was familiar with this boiler. There was no MI's to hand

Fan is a comman fault. If the PN end 453. The fan is an upgrade to the one you have.

And recently Worcester have made this fan cheaper

Another Worcester fan bites the dust

It is a common problem with fan on these boilers. they are more reliable than the isar pcb but that don`t say much

yes they have dropped the price by 30 or 50 quid from memory , I was doing a job in a house with 2 of them and both fans went and bosch came out and fixed them foc for some reason

changed loads of fans on these a blocked conden trap and sump can also take them out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester Junior 28i in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back