Discuss Worcester 28i junior lock out problem. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammathias

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Alright guys, another problem which i havent actually been to investigate but the blokes a plumber i know so ran through it over the phone....
Basically if he turns heating on, heats up fine no worrys. however if he then turns ho****er tap full bore at same time boiler will lock out after 20 seconds or so...however if he cranks the isolation valve down on the hot tap and runs both heating and hot water boiler doesnt lock out?????
If he just runs hot tap full bore and no heating boiler copes with the demand. anyone ever come across this?

FGA it yesterday.

readings: 3.2% o2
98ppm
10.1 co2%
0.0010 ratio
flue temp was 76 degrees
inlet pressure 19mbar
and gas rate was 2.96m/h

so readings all good. i had to reset it a few times tho until i turnt an isolation valve down on the hot tap (after test)... would it be overheating? thought at first it was a diverter vaslve problem but thats doing its job. i'm more of a installer/servicer...when it comes to breakdowns im newish to the game

You should be able to feel / hear if it's overheating with case off ... is the hex all rippled, could be sludged up...

Worth checking the condense trap as said, plus sump onto condensate & the electrodes are a common fault & normally first to wear on these.... but yours is a percuilier fault

Have you checked burner pressure on high rate ?
Those readings are a bit out and it may be over gassed on full rate.
It's fairly rare but I've seen it once or twice where a bit of flame lift breaks continuity through flame and it stops rectifying !

Sorry inlet pressure at max rate is 19mbar. All them readings are within limits of m.i. boiler will work fine full bore hot tap on. However if heating is on then you turn tap on it locks out after 20 seconds unless the hot tap is cranked down on isolation valve...then it runs fine! Also does the same in service mode. He said its been doing that basically within a couple of month of having it installed.

Out of warranty. hes just put up with it cranked down practically since its been installed :smile5: looks like ill have to give technical a call, was hoping someone had come across same problem on here. nice one anyway guys.

their tech help is quite good, by that i mean they answer the phone

but youre going to have to come back and tell us what they said, cant leave this a mystery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester 28i junior lock out problem. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock