Discuss Worcester 20/25 Frost Protection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dave180

Hi all
Recently moved into a house with the above boiler in the garage. The previous owners had just had frost stats fitted, but the recent weather has meant the heating has been on all the time. To solve this i understand i need a pipe thermostat on the return wired in series with the frost stat.
There are two frost stats fitted, do i need pipe stats in series with both?
If yes is there a pipe stat with two "channels", or do i have to shell out for two?
Will this result in the heating switching on and off all the time? is that a bad thing? is there a stat which will counter this?
Thanks for any advice

This has been a major problem this winter with boilers located in garages and lofts, basically unheated spaces. They have been coming on and running constantly. This is because the frost stat kicks in at set temp but the space the boiler is in has no way of heating up to turn off the frost stat. The soloution would be to fit a frost stat (mount on a piece of wood) and a pipestat on the return. Set the frost stat to 5 degrees and the pipe stat to between 10/15 degrees. This will solve your problem. I usually use Honeywell and the diagrams are usually easy to follow. Easy job for a sparky if your not sure.

Make sure you lag the pipes too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester 20/25 Frost Protection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back