Search the forum,

Discuss Wireless Thermostat recommendations Please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening. We have just moved into a new home and the central heating has been a PITA to get right( Flexicom 30cx Combi and a Salus RT500RF wireless receiver) Im finding it hard to get to grips with the Timers.

Can anyone recommend a different Wireless Thermostat that will work with the current Boiler. I dont mind fitting everything myself and Im looking at a budget of between £50/£100

Thanks

SIEMENS RDJ10RF/SET-GB RF DAILY DIGITAL PROGRAMMABLE ROOM THERMOSTAT AND RECEIVER
cheap and easy to programme

the really good ones are out of that price range

Thanks mate. Had a quick look and the reviews dont look to promising?

How much are we talking for something decent? Thanks

Really appreciate the help here. Had a quick look at the Honeywell and there seems to be a common fault with the LCD display?

Problem with it is you will get A lot more negative reviews people have a lot more to say when theyve got a problem. I have fitted loads of these with no problem, with the exception of one person to drop theirs from height and it's very easy just to re-sync a new thermostat. I find a lot of the problems with any wireless thermostat is when people make a mobile they get dropped and knocked and allsorts if it's left on the wall they are fine

Last edited:
Trouble with reviews is, only bad reviews get posted. I've not replaced many.
Drayton are awful!

Any well know make will do what you need, lots of information on the net, Like boilers when we get asked these sort of questions everyone has a favourite make , depends is you want something simple to use or the more technical ones

Assuming there is previous wiring that can be used

Dont know about the multi plug TBH

Here is the wiring as it goes to the Boiler

20161015_135724.jpg

That's fine I think my colleagues were concerned about you removing the boiler cover (which is illegal for non gas safe) but with that set up you don't have to.

What happened to the thermostat and receiver that was recommended, the posts have disappeared and I cant remember the make and model :-(

I can still see them ??? Your thread has now gone onto a second page and the links were on the first. In any case it was the Honeywell CM927

I always fit the Honeywell ones, easy to use, center brand thermostats from plumb center are cheaper and apparently manufactured by Honeywell(look the same)

Just remember with the Honeywell thermostat mentioned above with the optimum start feature you have to set the time according to when you want it to reach desired level and not when you want it to come on. Catches many people out and they think their heating is coming on at random times and not when its set to.

The Heatmiser looks good. Any experience with it Lee?

Yeah loads, fit them all the time. Recently done a system which consisted of Hot water, rads and 4 under floor heating zones. Also installed the hub/gateway so could be controlled via the app. Quality bit of kit IMO and simple to use.

Was thinking of ordering from The Underfloor Heating Store. I notice they do monthly no interest payments. Could be tempted to go hi end un that case?

Was thinking of ordering from The Underfloor Heating Store. I notice they do monthly no interest payments. Could be tempted to go hi end un that case?

I've never used them myself. If you look at the forum sponsors on the column on the left Uheat they supply heatmiser gear. Customer service is spot on and so is their advice. I would defiantly recommend giving them a call and speaking to a person called Jake if you can. Tell him what your after and that your a member of this forum for a discount :smile5:

If you're talking Williams unfortunately they are strictly trade only

Ahhhh assumed they were more for system type purchases

Hi there,

I would recommend to go for Heatmiser Slimline-RF thermostat and receiver (RF-Switch).
Total cost for both items including 5% of forum discount would be £92.91 incl VAT.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wireless Thermostat recommendations Please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock