Search the forum,

Discuss Wilo gold 50 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Aideen2005

Hi all help needed. I'm living in rented accommodation and the landlord hates helping. Last night I put heating on radiators stayed freezing. I checked the boiler outside it was warm (as if it had been on and recently gone off) I pressed the reset button on thermostat at the boiler nothing happened. Didn't seem like there was electricity going to the boiler. Didn't attempt to fire. I spotted a little white knob (sorry total novis) on the black box beside the pump. I turned it has no 1.2.3. On it. Still nothing happened so I gave up. I tried again this morning heating fired up I stood outside for a few minutes and it caught and continued to run. After half hour radiators still freezing. Then looked at the thermostat in the house to discover one of the kids had turned it to 0 do obviously should have checked the obvious first. Tried heating on again it wouldn't fire. Left for a while pressed reset at boiler and it worked. Radiators still didn't warm. Went out it had cut out. Gave up. Tonight with minus temperatures tried again. It fired after I pressed the reset button on thermostat. Stupidly I know I then spotted the white knob again and being silly thought oh I wonder what that is and thoughtbmaybe another thermostat. Touched it heating conked out and now refuses to go back on. Its only after closer look i noticed the 1.2.3 on the little box where the knob is. I have no idea what number it was on to start with. Or what I have done. Any advice greatly appreciated as can't ring landlord as its me who caused it and he. Looking any reason to evict us as we want afree to rent increase. Can't afford to get someone in to look. Lying in bed here freezing with. 2 quilts at 3 am and just had to go refill kids water bottles. Oh and a dumb as I am I have checked and we do still have plenty of oil in the tank.

It will be the pump you've seen the white knob on by the sound of it. Not really DIY job either by the sound of that !
Your landlord will need to send someone ( Heating Engineer).

It will be the pump you've seen the white knob on by the sound of it. Not really DIY job either by the sound of that !
Your landlord will need to send someone ( Heating Engineer).

Thanks but he is useless and will say he is sending someone but no one will ever turn up

Thanks but he is useless and will say he is sending someone but no one will ever turn up

Presuming things are legitimate, he has legally binding duties toward his tenants.

There isn't much I can suggest in relation to your installation i'm afraid. There is obviously fuel and electricity involved and with all due respect, you do not sound competent.
Sorry.
You really need to ask the Landlord to deal with it first, then maybe talk to citizens advice !

If your landlord is responsible for maintainence and refuses to fix it in a reasonable time, you can get a heating engineer in to fix it and pay the bill from the rent. (Not an extortionate amount though!) Keep copies of all communications with landlord and invoices. Check with Citizens Advice as said above, but I think that is correct.
I am just finished fixing a boiler for a rental which the tenant rang the landlord, who then contacted me and I was at the job in half an hour. If possible that's the way it should be, - heating fixed that day or next at latest.
If you post a photo of boiler and pump, it may be possible to give some advice

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wilo gold 50 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock