Discuss Where does your forum username come from? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Just wondering, where does your forum username come from?

I'm sure many, like mine, are just their name. Or perhaps business name. But what about the others?

Its from my name Stan, however I do get called Dan and Sam a lot. Sometimes customers start calling me Sam even after a few jobs of me as Stan. One pensioner kept repeating "Dan?" after asking for my name and getting the answer repeatedly, eventually he gave up and just said "I've got a cousin called Dan"

• Funny
Reactions: Dan
My nickname for the majority of people who know me is "Stig" after Stig of the Dump. I was having a party way back when I was 15 years old and a friend of a friend saw my hideously messy bedroom, my long hair and ripped 90's Grunge clothing (ripped jeans on top of another pair, a grey Vneck sweater, a holey cardigan and Chuck Taylor boots - I had almost convinced myself I was actually Kurt Cobain) and exclaimed "It's Stig of the Dump!" Most of us knew the book from school and the name stuck 'till this day.

Mines self explanatory.

Because I'm In OZ.

Then again, most people call be 'Happy' - due to Australians calling each other nicknames that are the opposite to what they are.

If I called myself 'Happy Plumber' - it would give people the wrong impression.

They might think that I am pleasant and approachable!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Where does your forum username come from? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back