Search the forum,

Discuss Where do you all Advertise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

plumben

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
If you don't mind me asking

Where do you all advertise just looking for some ideas

I'm going to get my van signwriten
And use the internet
And flyer drop the areas I'm working in

What do you find works best for you?

Thanks

Church magazine, cheapish and had the 1st job through the other week, great stuff.

Local Paper
Yell.com - Paid
Free Listings
Sign Writing
Wesbite
Leaflets
Business Cards

I have the van sign written and have a few boards I sometimes leave outside while I'm at a property and had a few calls from they, but by far the best thing we have done so far is to sponsor the little ones at a local rugby club, got our name on the kit and lots of jobs.

Just joined checkatrade this month and level of enquiries have been good but I'm not sure how good a quality they are yet. Had someone ring today to ask if they could 'borrow' my pipe cutters and then were put out when I said no! Like I say it's early days but up to now most of my work has been by recommendation so it has come as a bit of a shock the way people have expected me to jump at everything they offer, and are put out if I can't get to give them a quote within a day. Had an emergency job yesterday with lady who rang me with water coming rough the ceiling, then another woman wanted a quote for a extension being done in the summer and said it wasn't convenient to wait to today for me to look at the plans! I guess time will tell but it seems there is a greater level of trust once you have been recommended.

Also donated small prizes to the local schools PTA when asked for the raffle round Xmas time, that tends to get a few calls too.

Ben thinking about the church magazine too. They seem good value.

Look for the local business directory mags, similar to church ones but handy as well.
Big No's are IMHO:
Newspapers
Yellow Pages (yell to is pretty gash)

I have the van sign written and have a few boards I sometimes leave outside while I'm at a property and had a few calls from they, but by far the best thing we have done so far is to sponsor the little ones at a local rugby club, got our name on the kit and lots of jobs.

Just joined checkatrade this month and level of enquiries have been good but I'm not sure how good a quality they are yet. Had someone ring today to ask if they could 'borrow' my pipe cutters and then were put out when I said no! Like I say it's early days but up to now most of my work has been by recommendation so it has come as a bit of a shock the way people have expected me to jump at everything they offer, and are put out if I can't get to give them a quote within a day. Had an emergency job yesterday with lady who rang me with water coming rough the ceiling, then another woman wanted a quote for a extension being done in the summer and said it wasn't convenient to wait to today for me to look at the plans! I guess time will tell but it seems there is a greater level of trust once you have been recommended.

Also donated small prizes to the local schools PTA when asked for the raffle round Xmas time, that tends to get a few calls too.

Do you leave the boards outside over night or all week if your working there a while or only whilst your there?

Ive thought about getting a canvas banner for when I'm working on empty property or renovations

Look for the local business directory mags, similar to church ones but handy as well.
Big No's are IMHO:
Newspapers
Yellow Pages (yell to is pretty gash)

I hate when you see aa1 plumbing or whatever just to be first on the list in yellow pages

I have done, but only with customers I know really well and have done loads of work for before. Also some of the roads round here you wouldn't be allowed to leave them anyway. Tend to put them as near to the road as I can then take them when I leave for the day. I got 2 made up when the van was signwritten by the guy who did the van, they are on a thick sort of plastic so don't flap about like a banner. Put them on a cut down pallet so they are nice and heavy so don't blow over if propped up! They were not expensive from what I remember.

Do you leave the boards outside over night or all week if your working there a while or only whilst your there?

Ive thought about getting a canvas banner for when I'm working on empty property or renovations

Just joined checkatrade and use small bit of internet advertising which brings in half a dozen calls a week.
Also keep a stash of cards in my van which i put in shop windows if I'm passing .

I use sponsored ads on facebook, ÂŁ3 on every week and since we started in November the phone hasn't stopped ringing. Even got one call from S****horpe which is the other side of the country asking for a boiler service which I politely declined BUT advised her to look on The Gas Safe register website for a qualified fitter.

I have done, but only with customers I know really well and have done loads of work for before. Also some of the roads round here you wouldn't be allowed to leave them anyway. Tend to put them as near to the road as I can then take them when I leave for the day. I got 2 made up when the van was signwritten by the guy who did the van, they are on a thick sort of plastic so don't flap about like a banner. Put them on a cut down pallet so they are nice and heavy so don't blow over if propped up! They were not expensive from what I remember.

Sounds like a good idea but I guess you can't leave them in some places
But surely your van is just a bigger version
Or do you think people take more notice of the board
Thanks

Not sure to be honest, maybe they work well paired up I guess.

Walking round the supermarket doing the shopping in my work uniform with my number on the back works well. I've had quite a few jobs when people at the checkout see I'm a Gas safe plumber and then ask for a card.

Walking round the supermarket doing the shopping in my work uniform with my number on the back works well. I've had quite a few jobs when people at the checkout see I'm a Gas safe plumber and then ask for a card.

I'll have to start going shopping after work in all the expensive shops then and not buy anything

There is a guy I see at my gym, he wears is FULL British Gas uniform, volt detector pen in pocket and all, whilst working out on the freaking treadmill.

There is a guy I see at my gym, he wears is FULL British Gas uniform, volt detector pen in pocket and all, whilst working out on the freaking treadmill.

That's so he can run away quickly with the money after a power flush

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Where do you all Advertise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock