Currently reading:
when you agreed a price with the custormer they forget about paying!!!

Discuss when you agreed a price with the custormer they forget about paying!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

flat pack

Got a call tue 7pm,
Can you come out.
I said i don't have the parts for your boiler on board.
He said tomorrow after 3 pm .appointment book.
Turn up heard boiler,the fan is jam.
Also leak on the aav and the high limit hanging off bkt.one hour gone.
Said to him i will call later with price and if in stock,
Which he agreed after a big moan over price of parts and labour he said yes.
Turn up the following day after a bit of running around for the last part.
Did the job with his son present age22and3/4
When finish i said how your dad paying. i don;t know he said.
I said can your call your dad.he did
Then dad said leave the bill on the table with the total on it and i will pay tonight or in the morning by tranfer.
Which i did and got the son to sign, ahh the boiler was left working,,,,,,,,,,,,
The evening the morning pass but no monies
I phone him and the house no reply .
The following day my wife and i turn up at the job only to see his two sons with loads of cock and bull.
Then we left with no monies but we left them with a letter.
that night i got my first email say he was not happy with us calling around his home.and that he will call.
10mins later a call. i said if you promise to pay and you did not.
He said can we copy the parts bills because i don't know if we have use seconds.
We sent this and about 1 hour later the tranfer was in the bank.

What a load of head banging and work for a small job.
Not again he is barrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:6:

If external gas meter. Cap the gas

And water. Find boundary box and fill with post Crete

I ALREADY had in mind of expaning foam on my shopping list
i can't unstand how they think we buy the parts for them,then no calls or email saying he was off on is hols.
And we wait days later for payment.

i am glad you have been paid at last ! when i get $ on the hard way soon as i get paid i forget all the aggravation i had and never work for them !

my wife is starting to teach me to do and work for them again but charge them more next time .....

Last edited:
worked for someone a week ago, price agreed then time to pay usual discussion, can I bring the price down for cash, I explained the usual, price was agreed work done, pay up. Discussion as usual, not going anywhere, took £100 less but before they could say anything, I started to take the toilet systern off the wall, thought I'd have this problem, so left everything easy to get to, left screw driver and adjustable in my pocket.

What are you doing with that?

Taking it with me its £100 worth.

Got paid by cheque but explained if it bounces, I'll return and get it even if I have to remove the door.

I despise (thats not too strong either) people who try it on. Makes my blood boil instantly.

my always help too , if i run out of something I will ring local shop to order it and then call the wife to pop in and pick it up ! Its a great help and i really much appreciate it .
Last saturday I was doing power flush and on the last radiator I snapped my vent key ,omg omg what to do I was 20miles from home ,so i called her and she was there on the job after 45min with 5 vent keys , mind you I have just one left after 9 days .I just keep loosing them :(

I have 'payment immediately upon completion or plus 5%', if they try and fob me off I take the invoice back and adjust it plus 5%. It doesn't half motivate them. I mean come on what's the issue, your there, you've done the work it's not as though they have to travel to find the cheque book.

my always help too , if i run out of something I will ring local shop to order it and then call the wife to pop in and pick it up ! Its a great help and i really much appreciate it .
Last saturday I was doing power flush and on the last radiator I snapped my vent key ,omg omg what to do I was 20miles from home ,so i called her and she was there on the job after 45min with 5 vent keys , mind you I have just one left after 9 days .I just keep loosing them :(

I always lose vent keys, infact I always make sure I have atleast 2 kept in the van at all times and if I take one out I always replace it next time I am down the suppliers.

my keys are a mini tool box ive got 2 vent keys a small pen knife a metal gas box key and an old lucas screwdriver key and three sets of keys all threaded onto a sprung karibener type clip i only ever take one vent key of the ring so ive always got one in an emergency theres an old rad valve key in the van with the vent key on the end

Sometimes i wonder why i threw away 1000's of them when stelrad used to have one in with every radiator. I've still got a few of those lying around.

Whats gone on here. My thread says about non payers. And your talking about rad keys

If I'm not being paid on completion I send an invoice and add around £50. Discount if original amount paid within 14 days. Free call out if they're late payers.

Sorry Simon
Don't leave the cust an air key unless he is paying for it :lol:

Lmao. I've got a vent key after about 6weeks of having none!

a guy i worked for many years ago was brilliant at this type of thing, when we were doing a kitchen/bathroom/heating job etc he would phone the customer at about 9am and asked the customer to give us a shout so he could he have a quick word (before mobiles, eh how did we survive) "but before you give them a shout, can i just remind you that you agreed to give the guys a cheque when they leave tonight" always a wee reminder for them so at 5pm they couldn't start hitting us with the excuses, although sometimes they did, and we were well versed with the "but George spoke to me this morning, remember when he phoned you, to tell me i was picking up a cheque, so i'm a bit confused that you didn't know you had to pay us" haha the look on their face was brilliant, his T&C's also said in any event late payment would incur a +10% weekly surcharge, another thing he had us do was hand the customer an envelope when we arrived which was a copy of the invoice, so again they couldnt really say they didnt know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to when you agreed a price with the custormer they forget about paying!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock