Discuss what thermometer do you guys use for balancing? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BenC

as the title says, my parents want me to balance their heating system as some of the radiators are not as warm as others, so just wondering what thermometer you guys use to do your balancing, dont want to go out and buy a differential one just yet as they are £140 on ebay and cant justify it for a job im not going to be payed for. is there anything cheaper ot there that does the job just as good.
cheers ben

I use testo, the meter was only about £100.00 but the clamp probes were £40.00 each and they are the best I have ever had

I use a £17 laser one from fleabay. Works very well, glad I didn't fork out the £60 for the fluke one. Just put tape where you want to measure on the reflective surfaces, and some on the copper.

ye figured i could do it with my hands, but i could get it abit more accurate with a thermometer. anyway cheers for the reply's its a great help

You can buy little clip on ones for a bout a tenner each. They're little analogue dials and will work just fine. I use my anayliser which has some clamps for this job......I also have a laser 'gun' thing but never use it.

One advantage with with the job being for your parents is that you can balance them and let them run it for a while and then pop back and adjust them at your leisure,without the headache of a paying customer moaning at you:):)

Yes the clip on type are all we ever used for years.

All th fncy electronic stuff looks a great idea,but when you realise you got to pay loads every so often to get them calibrated the idea seems to go a bit flat.

The digital manometers may look good but cost a bomb and more each calibration although some are self calibrating.

Its far easier and simpler to use a water filled manometer. At least the water is usually free and calibration is just adding or taking out some water. :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to what thermometer do you guys use for balancing? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock